Neville, Shawcross and Ulloa Hail Team Unity Ahead of Home Matches
Inter Miami returns home for its first-ever match against the New England Revolution on Wednesday, July 25. Ahead of the match, head coach Phil Neville spoke about the growing unity between the players over the season.
"Over the past 18 days we've had moments where we've eaten together and spent time together. We spent eight hours in the dressing room on Saturday together. The spirit and togetherness seems as good now as before the season started," said Neville.
Center back Ryan Shawcross has also seen the great chemistry between players in the last couple of weeks, stating that he believes it will translate to positive results.
"There are always good conversations, we've got a good leadership group with four captains and there is a lot of dialogue between the players and the captains, and the players and the coach. The best way to have a successful team is to have open dialogue and I believe we've had that the last couple of weeks," said Shawcross.
Midfielder Victor Ulloa agreed with Shawcross, expressing that he has seen the team bonding more than ever recently.
"We are sharing common space, we're eating together, we're doing activities together. It's bringing the team bonding that is really needed, especially with a lot of different guys in a new group and you want to build some strong bonds off the field that will translate onto the field. These last few weeks we've been more united as a group, we've been more together, we're doing things off the field, staying around after training and getting to know each other on a personal level. It's going to help us in the long run," said Ulloa.
Ultimately, Neville wants the team's togetherness to be displayed on the field during this week's home stretch.
"Now it's about concentrating on home games and bringing a smile to our supporters' faces. Those are the people we are going to fight for and that is what I am demanding," said Neville.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 20, 2021
- Earthquakes Forward Cade Cowell Joins USMNT Camp - San Jose Earthquakes
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Makes Midweek Road Trip to Columbus Crew - Nashville SC
- Rapids Seeking Undefeated 2021 against DallasÃÂ - Colorado Rapids
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. FC Cincinnati - Atlanta United FC
- Neville, Shawcross and Ulloa Hail Team Unity Ahead of Home Matches - Inter Miami CF
- RAVE Foundation, Puyallup Tribe of Indians and Tacoma Public Schools Announce Construction of Mini Pitch at Boze Elementary - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Welcomes LA Galaxy to Rio Tinto Stadium - Real Salt Lake
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Announced - MLS
- Sporting Back Home Wednesday to Host San Jose - Sporting Kansas City
- Columbus Crew Encourages Fans to Arrive Early for Midweek Match at Lower.com Field - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Inter Miami CF - New England Revolution
- Inter Miami CF to Host the New England Revolution on WednesdayÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- D.C. United Loan Forward Erik Sorga to Loudoun United FC - D.C. United
- D.C. United Recall Forward Jovanny Bolívar from Loudoun United FC Loan - D.C. United
- Red Bulls Travel North for Mid-Week Matchup against Toronto FC - New York Red Bulls
- The Pitch: Argentina's Barco and Bravo Set for Tokyo Olympic Games - MLS
- Ayo Akinola Suffers ACL Injury - Toronto FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Inter Miami CF to Visit the Columbus Crew on SaturdayÃÂ
- Inter Miami CF and AutoNation Fill 2,500 Comfort Bags for Cancer Patients
- Inter Miami CF to Help Drive out Cancer on October 20, Host DRVPNK Night Presented by AutoNation
- Curry Named to USL League One Team of the Week Ã¢ÂÂ Week 27
- Inter Miami CF Falls 1-0 to New York Red Bulls on the Road