Real Salt Lake Welcomes LA Galaxy to Rio Tinto Stadium
HERRIMAN, Utah - Real Salt Lake returns home for a midweek clash with the LA Galaxy on Wednesday, July 21 at Rio Tinto Stadium for the second of three matches in an eight-day stretch.
The match will be broadcast live on KMYU and can be accessed locally via live stream on the KSL TV app. ESPN700 will carry the English radio broadcast and Spanish-speaking fans can tune in on KBMG Latino 106.3, La Gran D 102.3 and KTUB 1600.
Tickets for the match are available at RSL.com or by calling 844-REAL-TIX.
Real Salt Lake vs. LA Galaxy
Rio Tinto Stadium; Sandy, Utah
Wednesday, July 21, 2021; 8:00 p.m. MT
Game Notes for Wednesday's RSL vs. LAG game Available Online
Those seeking the Adobe PDF version of the Game Guide in advance of Wednesday's contest between Real Salt Lake and the LA Galaxy can be found here. Media members looking to receive the document as an attachment or have further questions are asked to please contact Taran Meyer in the RSL Communications Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Records: Real Salt Lake 4-4-4, (16 points, 8th in West); LA Galaxy (8-5-0, 24 points, 3rd in West)
Head-to-Head: Real Salt Lake carries a 15-18-9 all-time record against the Galaxy into the midweek clash, including an 8-5-7 record in Utah.
Stories to Watch:
Through 12 matches to open the 2021 season, RSL has taken 16 points while earning an even 4-4-4 record. Wednesday's match provides an opportunity to bounce back following a narrow loss at LAFC on Saturday. RSL holds a 3-2-3 home record thus far in 2021 with Wednesday's meeting being the first between the two teams this season.
First of Many
Real Salt Lake's Aaron Herrera notched his first career MLS goal last Saturday against LAFC, breaking through the LAFC backline in the 18th minute to slot home his first goal in his 78th MLS match. The RSL Homegrown defender signed with RSL prior to the 2018 season and has since become a mainstay at right back. He also is tied for third in MLS and first among defenders with five assists on the season.
Team of the Week
Goalkeeper David Ochoa was named to the MLSsoccer.com Team of the Week for Week 13 for his heroic efforts against LAFC on Saturday. Ochoa made multiple highlight-reel saves - including a penalty kick save on Carlos Vela in the second half - to keep RSL level with the hosts. In total Ochoa made eight saves in the match and was rewarded by MLSsoccer.com with the Team of the Week nod.
Connections: Following his retirement from professional soccer in 2008, LA Galaxy Head Coach Greg Vanney joined the RSL Academy in Casa Grande, Arizona where he served as the technical director from 2008-2011.
Former RSL Homegrown defender Danilo Acosta now plies his trade with the Galaxy where he signed prior to the 2020 season. While with RSL, the left back made 29 appearances in MLS to accompany 26 appearances in the USL Championship. Acosta missed the entire 2020 MLS season after suffering a torn ACL during preseason. He has yet to make an appearance for the Galaxy.
RSL Assistant Coach Pablo Mastroeni played his final MLS season with the Galaxy in 2013.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 20, 2021
- Earthquakes Forward Cade Cowell Joins USMNT Camp - San Jose Earthquakes
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Makes Midweek Road Trip to Columbus Crew - Nashville SC
- Rapids Seeking Undefeated 2021 against DallasÃÂ - Colorado Rapids
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. FC Cincinnati - Atlanta United FC
- Neville, Shawcross and Ulloa Hail Team Unity Ahead of Home Matches - Inter Miami CF
- RAVE Foundation, Puyallup Tribe of Indians and Tacoma Public Schools Announce Construction of Mini Pitch at Boze Elementary - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Welcomes LA Galaxy to Rio Tinto Stadium - Real Salt Lake
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Announced - MLS
- Sporting Back Home Wednesday to Host San Jose - Sporting Kansas City
- Columbus Crew Encourages Fans to Arrive Early for Midweek Match at Lower.com Field - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Inter Miami CF - New England Revolution
- Inter Miami CF to Host the New England Revolution on WednesdayÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- D.C. United Loan Forward Erik Sorga to Loudoun United FC - D.C. United
- D.C. United Recall Forward Jovanny Bolívar from Loudoun United FC Loan - D.C. United
- Red Bulls Travel North for Mid-Week Matchup against Toronto FC - New York Red Bulls
- The Pitch: Argentina's Barco and Bravo Set for Tokyo Olympic Games - MLS
- Ayo Akinola Suffers ACL Injury - Toronto FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Real Salt Lake Stories
- Real Salt Lake Falls 6-1 at Portland Timbers
- Real Salt Lake Visits Portland for Crucial Western Conference Clash
- Real Salt Lake to Host Hispanic Heritage Night on September 29
- Real Salt Lake Drops Seattle Sounders FC 1-0
- Real Salt Lake Closes Three-Game Week Saturday against Seattle Sounders FC