NESN to Produce International Telecase of 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic
January 17, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League has announced that the New England Sports Network (NESN) will produce the telecast of the 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic, set for later this month in Providence, R.I.
The event, with the 2013 Pepsi AHL All-Star Skills Competition set for Sunday, Jan. 27 (7 p.m. ET) and the 2013 AHL All-Star Game to follow on Monday, Jan. 28 (7 p.m. ET), will air in high-definition and reach more than 100 million households on a comprehensive network of television partners in the United States - anchored by NESN - and on Sportsnet in Canada. Live broadcasts of the event will be streamed worldwide via AHL Live (ahllive.com).
Visit theahl.com for a complete schedule of stations and air times for the 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic on the AHL All-Star TV network.
Sportsnet will have coverage of the AHL All-Star Classic across Canada through all four of its broadcast regions plus Sportsnet ONE. The league's showcase event can also be seen this year on more than 25 regional networks in the United States, including Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Northwest and Comcast SportsNet California as well as The Comcast Network in Philadelphia and Comcast Sports Southeast (CSS); MSG Network, serving the New York City metro area and upstate New York; Root Sports in Pittsburgh; Fox Sports Net's Ohio, North, Midwest, Southwest and Arizona affiliates; and Altitude Sports and Entertainment, which reaches viewers across 10 states in and around the Rocky Mountains.
Time Warner Cable customers in New York, the Carolinas, Wisconsin, Texas and Los Angeles will get to see the AHL All-Star Classic on their local TWC sports channels. Metro Sports will carry the event for its viewers in Kansas City and parts of Kansas and Nebraska, and Florida viewers will be able to catch it on Sun Sports. My Network TV in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. (WQMY-TV) will also air the event for fans in northeast Pennsylvania, and America One will broadcast it in over 125 markets in the U.S., Caribbean and Central and South America. Additionally, fans overseas will be able to watch the 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic on ESPN America in northern Europe and the Middle East.
Tickets for the 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic are on sale now by calling the Providence Bruins at (401) 273-5000 or visiting www.providencebruins.com. All-Star 2-Packs are $55 and $75 and include admission to both the 2013 Pepsi AHL All-Star Skills Competition at 7 p.m. on Sunday, January 27, and the 2013 AHL All-Star Game at 7 p.m. on Monday, January 28. All-Star 4-Packs are $75 and $100 and include admission to the Skills Competition and the All-Star Game, as well as the Post-Skills Party (January 27, 9:30 p.m.) at the Rhode Island Convention Center and the 2013 AHL Hall of Fame Induction & Awards Ceremony (January 28, 11 a.m.) at the Veterans Memorial Auditorium.
The 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic in Providence will feature the top young talent in the American Hockey League. Of the 597 players to take part in the AHL All-Star Classic since the event was reinstated in 1995, more than 92 percent have competed in the National Hockey League, including Patrice Bergeron, Daniel Briere, Dustin Brown, Ryan Callahan, Mike Cammalleri, Zdeno Chara, Miikka Kiprusoff, Ryan Miller, Zach Parise, Tuukka Rask, Pekka Rinne, Bobby Ryan, Martin St. Louis, Cory Schneider, Jason Spezza and Eric Staal.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 17, 2013
- Griffins Earn First Victory over Charlotte in Team History with 5-3 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Griffins Stop Checkers' Streak - Charlotte Checkers
- Three Providence Bruins Named to All-Star Roster - Providence Bruins
- Playing Rosters Announced for 2013 Dunkin' Donuts All-Star Classic - Providence Bruins
- Rangers Buy out Defenseman Wade Redden - Connecticut Whale
- Porter and McNabb Named to Western Conference All-Star Roster - Rochester Americans
- Boston Bruins Announce Roster Transactions - Providence Bruins
- Three P-Bruins Selected to All-Star Roster - Providence Bruins
- Toffoli Named Eastern Conference All-Star - Manchester Monarchs
- Rampage Sign Defenseman Nolan Julseth-White to a PTO - San Antonio Rampage
- Brust Laing to Represent Heat at All-Star Game - Abbotsford Heat
- Winnipeg Jets Zach Redmond Selected to Second Straight AHL All-Star Classic - St. John's IceCaps
- Billins, Nyquist and Mrazek Named to AHL All-Star Classic - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bartley Selected to AHL All-Star Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- St. Pierre, Clendening Selected as All-Stars - Rockford IceHogs
- Oilers Assign Three Players To Okalhoma City - Oklahoma City Barons
- Oilers Recall Yann Danis; Assign Bunz To Barons - Oklahoma City Barons
- Arcobello Named To Ahl All Star Team - Oklahoma City Barons
- Three Falcons to Participate in AHL All-Star Classic - Springfield Falcons
- Chad Kolarik to Represent Whale in 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic - Connecticut Whale
- Zach Redmond Selected to Second Straight AHL All-Star Classic - St. John's IceCaps
- Aeros Jason Zucker Named to AHL All-Star Team - Houston Aeros
- Gallagher Selected to 2013 AHL All-Star Classic - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bennett Selected to AHL Eastern Conference All-Star Team - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Fraser & Oleksiak Named to AHL All-Star Roster - Texas Stars
- Mark Cundari Named to AHL All-Star Team - Peoria Rivermen
- Rampage Rookie Drew Shore Named AHL All-Star - San Antonio Rampage
- Sterling Selected to His Fourth AHL All-Star Team - Chicago Wolves
- Marlies Send Three to AHL All-Star Classic - Toronto Marlies
- Defenseman Tomas Kundratek Named to AHL Eastern Conference All-Star Squad - Hershey Bears
- Peter Holland Named to AHL All-Star Team - Norfolk Admirals
- Playing Rosters Announced for 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Local, International Television Outlets to Broadcast Capital BlueCross AHL Outdoor Classic - Hershey Bears
- Berube Reassigned to Ontario - Manchester Monarchs
- Niederreiter & Donovan Named to AHL All-Star Team - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Gustafsson Selected to AHL All-Star Classic - Adirondack Phantoms
- Rampage Host Third Annual Pink in the Rink Night on February 1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Reserve Your Seats For Next Season Starting This Weekend - Springfield Falcons
- Wild Assign Kampfer to Aeros - Houston Aeros
- Hogs to Host Pink in the Rink Saturday - Rockford IceHogs
- Boucher and Lilja to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Rob Gronkowski Bobblehead Giveaway Highlights Busy Weekend for Sharks - Worcester Sharks
- Senators Reduce Training Camp Roster by Two Players - Binghamton Senators
- Griffins Ramp up Promotions for Three Games in Four Nights - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Lightning Announce Training Camp Roster Cuts - Syracuse Crunch
- Bulldogs Reassign Schultz, Release Armstrong, Isherwoood - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Erixon Assigned To Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Blackhawks Assign Three to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat To Host Faith Night Following Sunday's Matinee - Abbotsford Heat
- Five Players Leave Chicago - Chicago Wolves
- NESN to Produce International Telecase of 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Landry Loaned to Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Hurricanes Assign Nodl, Sutter To Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Concert Brings 9,000 Fans to Webster Bank Arena - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bodie, Rosehill and Parent Assigned to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Stanley Cup-Winner Kent Huskins Returns to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Rangers Recall Forward Brandon Segal from Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Florida Panthers Reassign Five to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Heat Beat Bulldogs 2-1 in Shootout - Abbotsford Heat
- Heat Burn Bulldogs 2-1 in a Shootout - Hamilton Bulldogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.