National Lacrosse League Announces Virtual 2020 Entry Draft
The National Lacrosse League announced Wednesday details for its virtual 2020 NLL Entry Draft. Scheduled to take place on Thursday, September 17th, the NLL will virtually usher in its next wave of young talent for the first time in league history.
"As a league that always thinks digital first, we are excited to be able to use state-of-the-art technology to hold the 2020 Draft online for all fans to watch and participate in," NLL Commissioner Nick Sakiewicz shared in a press release. "As we continue to wade through the challenges we are all facing today, we would have liked to offer the newest rising stars a live experience. But we know that the entire event and team, player and fan experience will be first class."
Beginning at 7 p.m. EST, fans can tune into Bleacher Report Live, the NLL's YouTube channel or the league's Facebook page to catch all of the action.
The television voice of your Colorado Mammoth, Teddy Jenner, will join Devan Kaney, Stephen Stamp and Tabitha Turner to provide broadcast coverage and insight during this year's draft.
After making seven selections in last year's draft, the Colorado Mammoth currently holds 10 selections in the 2020 NLL Entry Draft, including:
2nd Round - 22nd Overall
2nd Round - 24th Overall
2nd Round - 26th Overall
2nd Round - 31st Overall (Compensatory Selection, Cory Vitarelli)
3rd Round - 40th Overall
3rd Round - 42nd Overall
3rd Round - 52nd Overall (Compensatory Selection, Ian Llord)
4th Round - 58th Overall
4th Round - 66th Overall (Compensatory Selection, Greg Downing)
6th Round - 86th Overall
"Obviously this hasn't been a traditional offseason for anyone in our league, but we've made the most of the situation and it's great to have a date for our fans and organization to look forward to," Mammoth General Manager Brad Self shared. "After the league's recent expansion announcement, an active free agency period and the draft less than six weeks away, it's an exciting time for our league and organization and we're looking forward to a successful draft next month."
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from August 5, 2020
- Riptide Sign Jon Harnett - New York Riptide
- Riptide Acquire Stouros from Georgia - New York Riptide
- Swarm Trade Leo Stouros to New York Riptide, Sign Forward Sean Tyrrell - Georgia Swarm
- Harnett, Bernhardt Sign with Seals - San Diego Seals
- Warriors Add Toth and Hodgson to Coaching Staff - Vancouver Warriors
- National Lacrosse League Announces Virtual 2020 Entry Draft - Colorado Mammoth
- National Lacrosse League to Hold Virtual 2020 Draft September 17th - NLL
- Captain Jamieson is Back - Halifax Thunderbirds
- Knighthawks Sign Kyle Dawson to Multi-Year Deal - Rochester Knighthawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Mammoth Stories
- Denver Voters Can Vote at Ball Arena in November General Election
- Ball Corporation and Kroenke Sports & Entertainment Announce Global Partnership to Advance Sustainability in Sports and Entertainment
- Kroenke Sports Charities Celebrating Halloween with Special Olympics Fundraiser
- Success at 9th Annual GiveSPORTS Equipment Drive
- Colorado Bolsters Roster with 11 Selections, Two Trades During 2020 NLL Entry Draft