Riptide Acquire Stouros from Georgia
New York, NY - The New York Riptide announced today that the team has acquired defenseman Leo Stouros and a second round pick in the 2021 NLL Entry Draft from the Georgia Swarm in exchange for a first round pick in the 2021 NLL Entry Draft.
Selected 17th overall by the Swarm in the 2016 NLL Entry Draft, Stouros has seen action in 58 games over four seasons for the Swarm. A 6-foot-1 lefthander has scooped up 159 loose balls in his career and caused 25 turnovers. He also has eight points on one goal and seven assists in his career.
"Leo is a young, established, shut-down defender that our head coach is familiar with," Riptide general manager Jim Veltman said. "He's young enough to grow with our group and vocal enough to lead our young defense. It takes a lot to get a lot and we feel this deal is a win-win for both sides considering the depth of that draft year."
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from August 5, 2020
- Riptide Sign Jon Harnett - New York Riptide
- Riptide Acquire Stouros from Georgia - New York Riptide
- Swarm Trade Leo Stouros to New York Riptide, Sign Forward Sean Tyrrell - Georgia Swarm
- Harnett, Bernhardt Sign with Seals - San Diego Seals
- Warriors Add Toth and Hodgson to Coaching Staff - Vancouver Warriors
- National Lacrosse League Announces Virtual 2020 Entry Draft - Colorado Mammoth
- National Lacrosse League to Hold Virtual 2020 Draft September 17th - NLL
- Captain Jamieson is Back - Halifax Thunderbirds
- Knighthawks Sign Kyle Dawson to Multi-Year Deal - Rochester Knighthawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Riptide Stories
- New York Riptide Returning to Nassau Coliseum for 2021 Season; Riptide Targeting to Play NLL Faceoff Weekend April 9-11, 2021
- New York Riptide Sign Robertson
- Riptide Training Academy Announces Fall Clinics and New Website
- New York Riptide Announce Partnership with Nutrition by Corvis
- New York Riptide Sign Halftown