Nashville Soccer Club to Open Nashville SC Stadium on May 1, 2022, in the Venue's Inaugural MLS Match
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Nashville Soccer Club has announced the date of the club's 2022 home opener and inaugural match at Nashville SC Stadium as the Boys in Gold will open the largest soccer specific venue in the United States and Canada on May 1, 2022, against the Philadelphia Union.
"The opportunity to announce the date of our first game in our new stadium, represents the culmination of a lot of hard work, effort and commitment from so many people," said Nashville Soccer Club CEO Ian Ayre. "What at some points in our journey seemed like an impossible task and so far in the distance is now very much in sight and that initial dream is fast becoming a reality. I know we are all looking forward to moving in and making this the spiritual home of Nashville Soccer Club."
The best way to guarantee a seat inside of Nashville SC's inaugural match at Nashville SC Stadium is by becoming a 2022 Season Ticket Member. Nashville SC currently sits at 18,000 season tickets sold, with 90 percent of its premium seating inventory sold.
By becoming a 2022 Season Ticket Member, fans will have preferred playoff seating for the Nov. 23 Audi MLS Cup Playoff match against Orlando City SC and beyond. Nashville SC fans can purchase their 2022 season tickets and 2021 playoff tickets at NashvilleSC.com/Tickets.
The majority of Nashville SC's premium seating is now sold out for Nashville SC Stadium, those areas include Private Suites, Loge Boxes, Premier Club, WeHo Club and Goal Post Club. Premium options in the Corner Kicks, Scoreboard and Studio Terrace and Captain's Club remain available for purchase. Just 10 percent of that inventory remains.
Nashville SC Stadium will be the largest soccer specific stadium in the United States and Canada, with a seating capacity of 30,000 seats. The stadium will feature a 360-degree canopy, 65-foot-wide shared concourse, safe standing supporter's section and just 150 feet of distance between the last row to the touchline.
The Boys in Gold have built a fortress in front of the Nashville SC fans in its first two seasons in MLS, suffering just two losses in its MLS existence at home, while owning an overall record of 13W-2L-14D. Nashville SC has gone 18 consecutive matches without a home lost, a streak that spans over a full calendar year and the longest current streak in MLS.
Nashville SC became just the seventh team in the history of Major League Soccer to finish a season unbeaten at home after the club owned an 8W-0L-9D record in 2021 in Music City.
Nashville SC will formally kick off its 2022 season on the road as a member of the Western Conference against Seattle Sounders FC on Feb. 27 at Lumen Field. This will mark the first meeting against Seattle in Nashville SC's history.
Earlier this year it was announced that Nashville SC would transition to the Western Conference after the club made the switch to the Eastern Conference due to Covid-19 scheduling in its inaugural MLS season in 2020.
In its history, Nashville SC has played just seven Western Conference clubs after facing Portland Timbers, FC Dallas, Houston Dynamo, Minnesota United FC, Sporting Kansas City, Real Salt Lake and Austin FC across the club's first two seasons in MLS.
Nashville SC will return to action tomorrow in the First Round of the 2021 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs against Orlando City SC at Nissan Stadium. Kickoff for Tuesday's action is slated for 7 p.m. CT and will be televised on FS1.
Fans interested in purchasing tickets to Nashville SC's Round One Audi MLS Cup Playoff match can visit NashvilleSC.com or NashvilleSC.com/Tickets.
Visit www.NashvilleSC.com and follow the club's social channels on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for all of the latest updates surrounding the Boys in Gold.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 22, 2021
- Sounders FC Hosts Real Salt Lake in Round One of the Audi 2021 MLS Cup Playoffs - Seattle Sounders FC
- Seattle Supports Sounders FC as the Club Moves Straight Ahead into 2021 Playoff Campaign - Seattle Sounders FC
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hosts Orlando City SC in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Nashville SC
- Toronto FC General Manager and SVP of Soccer Operations Ali Curtis Departs Club to Pursue New Opportunity - Toronto FC
- LAFC Forward Cristian Arango Named MLS Newcomer of the Year - Los Angeles FC
- D.C. United Acquire Defender Gaoussou Samaké from ASEC Mimosas - D.C. United
- LAFC Forward Cristian Arango Named MLS Newcomer of the Year - MLS
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Los Angeles Officially Welcomes FIFA Delegation in Bid to Host FIFA World Cup 2026™ - Los Angeles FC
- A Recent History of Inaugural Home Matches in Major League Soccer - Charlotte FC
- City of Toronto and Bid Partners Welcome FIFA Delegation for FIFA World Cup 2026 Host City Site Visit - Toronto FC
- Real Salt Lake Begins Audi 2021 MLS Cup Playoffs Campaign at Seattle Sounders FC - Real Salt Lake
- New England Revolution's Matt Turner Voted 2021 Allstate MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - New England Revolution
- New England Revolution's Matt Turner Voted 2021 Allstate MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - MLS
- Q2 Stadium Earns Leed Gold Certification - Austin FC
- Orlando City Opens Audi 2021 MLS Cup Playoffs at Nashville SC - Orlando City SC
- Los Angeles Officially Welcomes FIFA Delegation in Bid to Host FIFA World Cup 2026™ - LA Galaxy
- Rapids Announce 2022 Home and Season Opener - Colorado Rapids
- FC Cincinnati to Host D.C. United in 2022 Home Opener - FC Cincinnati
- Charlotte FC to Begin 2022 Major League Soccer Season at D.C. United - Charlotte FC
- CF Montréal to Play Home Opener March 5 at Olympic Stadium - Club de Foot Montreal
- Sounders FC to Open 2022 MLS Regular Season at Home February 27 vs. Nashville - Seattle Sounders FC
- New York Red Bulls Announce 2022 MLS Home Opener - New York Red Bulls
- Philadelphia Union Announce 2022 Home Opener - Philadelphia Union
- New England Revolution Announce 2022 Season-Opening Matches - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew Opens 2022 MLS Season at Lower.Com Field on February 26 - Columbus Crew SC
- Timbers Kick off 2022 MLS Regular Season against New England Revolution on February 26 at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- New York City FC Announces First Three 2022 MLS Matches Including Home Opener on March 12 at Yankee Stadium - New York City FC
- Inter Miami CF to Host Chicago Fire FC on February 26 in 2022 MLS Season Opener - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville Soccer Club to Open Nashville SC Stadium on May 1, 2022, in the Venue's Inaugural MLS Match - Nashville SC
- Orlando City to Host CF Montréal in 2022 Home Opener on February 27, Presented by Orlando Health - Orlando City SC
- Whitecaps FC to Host New York City FC in 2022 MLS Home Opener - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Toronto FC to Host New York Red Bulls in 2022 Home Opener - Toronto FC
- Chicago Fire FC to Face Orlando City SC in 2022 Home Opener at Soldier Field on March 5 - Chicago Fire FC
- Earthquakes to Host New York Red Bulls in 2022 Home Opener - San Jose Earthquakes
- D.C. United to Open 2022 MLS Regular Season against Charlotte FC at Audi Field on February 26 - D.C. United
- LA Galaxy to Host New York City FC in 2022 MLS Regular Season Home Opener at Dignity Health Sports Park on Sunday, February 27 - LA Galaxy
- MLS Announces Opening Matches on Sporting KC's 2022 Schedule - Sporting Kansas City
- FC Dallas Hosts Toronto FC in 2022 Home Opener on February 26 - FC Dallas
- Austin FC to Host FC Cincinnati in 2022 Season Opener, Presented by Q2 - Austin FC
- MNUFC Announces Season and Home Opener for 2022 MLS Season - Minnesota United FC
- Houston Dynamo FC Host Real Salt Lake February 27 to Open 2022 Season - Houston Dynamo FC
- Real Salt Lake to Host Seattle Sounders FC in 2022 Rio Tinto Stadium Home Opener - Real Salt Lake
- MLS Announces Home Openers for 2022 Season - MLS
- Five Points: Making Memories - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville Soccer Club Falls 2-0 to Houston Dynamo FC
- Health Report Pres. by Vanderbilt Health: Nashville SC vs Houston Dynamo
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Returns to the Road to Face Houston Dynamo FC
- Nashville Soccer Club to Face Louisville City FC in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16
- Nashville Soccer Club Forms Inaugural Special Olympics Unified Team