Nashville MLS Hires Chance Myers and Ally Mackay to Technical Staff
NASHVILLE - Nashville's Major League Soccer (MLS) technical staff continues to grow as the club announced the hires of Chance Myers as Chief Scout and Ally Mackay as Assistant General Manager.
Myers had a 10-year MLS playing career that includes a MLS Cup title in 2013 and two U.S. Open Cup titles in 2012 and 2015, all with Sporting Kansas City. After becoming the first overall pick of the 2008 MLS SuperDraft by the then Kansas City Wizards, Myers blossomed into a stalwart at right back on one of the best defenses in MLS. He made a total of 158 MLS appearances over his 10-year career.
"We were very thoughtful about how our staff was going to be comprised, and as we looked at the profile of the successful scouts, it became apparent very quickly that Chance was our ideal choice," said Nashville SC GM Mike Jacobs. "His connection with current and former players in the league gives him insight like few others, and really made him the perfect fit for our club."
Myers added, "I'm grateful to Mike, [CEO] Ian Ayre, and [majority owner] John Ingram for the opportunity to help build an MLS club from the ground up in this incredible city. I look forward to working with this collaborative team to bring something special to the people of Nashville."
Mackay has been around MLS, primarily as a player agent for Stellar Group, for the last five years. Based in London, Stellar is one of the largest sports agencies in the world, representing over 200 soccer players worldwide, and has offices in countries around the globe. Mackay will be able to utilize those connections to assist Jacobs in building Nashville's inaugural MLS roster in 2020.
"The experiences that Ally has gained as a player agent offers unique insight of our league and a skillset that is hard to replicate," said Jacobs. "He has developed a reputation as not only a tireless worker, but for also having a proven track record for identification and selection of top young American talent. He is a tremendous asset to add to our technical staff."
Mackay added, "I would like to thank Mike Jacobs, Ian Ayre and John Ingram for this unique and exciting challenge in building an MLS team in Nashville. To bring an expansion team to a city with so much culture, and to be able to add to that existing culture, was an opportunity too good to turn down. I am eager to get going and bring a high quality product to Music City and its fans."
Nashville MLS will hold a major live announcement at Marathon Music Works in downtown Nashville on February 20 at 5 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 12, 2019
- FC Dallas Unveils Reunion Kit for 2019 - FC Dallas
- D.C. United Acquire Veteran Midfielder/Defender Chris McCann - D.C. United
- Major League Soccer and Kellogg Extend Partnership Through 2020 - MLS
- Hagglund, Mattocks tally for Orange and Blue in 3-2 Preseason Setback - FC Cincinnati
- Major League Soccer Launches "Our Soccerâ? Campaign for 2019 Season - MLS
- Chicago Fire Weekly Update - February 12, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- Mercy Health Named FC Cincinnati's Official Health Care Provider - FC Cincinnati
- Heath, Franch, Sonnett Named to U.S. Women's National Team Roster for SheBelieves Cup - Portland Timbers
- Nashville MLS Hires Chance Myers and Ally Mackay to Technical Staff - Nashville SC
- Impact Acquires Nigerian Striker Orji Okwonkwo on Loan - Montreal Impact
- New York Red Bulls Sign Danish Forward Mathias Jorgensen - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- David Accam to Provide Experience to New Nashville SC Side in MLS
- Nashville SC to Acquire MLS Winger David Accam in Trade with Columbus Crew SC
- Nashville SC Moving Headquarters to be Closer to MLS Stadium
- Nashville SC Spring Collection Launches with BOGO Sale
- Ayre, Smith Bring Soccer Message to Masses at 104.5 the Zone's SportsFest