Chicago Fire Weekly Update - February 12, 2019
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club's second phase of its 2019 preseason schedule will take place in Charleston, S.C., as the team continues to prepare for the 2019 MLS campaign. As part of its training camp in Charleston, S.C., the Fire will play three matches in the Carolina Challenge Cup, facing MLS clubs Columbus Crew SC and FC Cincinnati and USL side and tournament host Charleston Battery.
All four participating teams will play in a round-robin style tournament with doubleheaders on Feb. 16, 20 and 23 at MUSC Health Stadium. The Carolina Challenge Cup will be live streamed on www.charlestonbattery.com.
Additionally, tickets for the tournament are currently on sale. Single-day tickets include both matches and start at $30. Series passes include six matches across all three days of the tournament and start at $65. Tickets are available at tickets.charlestonbattery.com or by calling 843-971-4625.
The Fire's match schedule in Charleston, S.C. is listed below:
Date Opponent Kickoff (CT) Location
Saturday, Feb. 16 Columbus Crew SC 4 p.m. MUSC Health Stadium
Wednesday, Feb. 20 FC Cincinnati 6:30 pm. MUSC Health Stadium
Saturday, Feb. 23 Charleston Battery 6:30 p.m. MUSC Health Stadium
Chicago Fire Announces its 2019 Preseason Roster
The Fire has announced its 2019 preseason roster heading into the Carolina Challenge Cup, set to be held in Charleston, S.C. from Feb. 16-23.
The team currently has 23 players scheduled to be in training camp during its 14-day stint in Charleston, S.C.
Below is the Fire's 2019 preseason roster (as of Feb. 12, 2019):
Goalkeepers: Stefan Cleveland, David Ousted, Richard Sanchez
Defenders: Jorge Corrales, Johan Kappelhof, Grant Lillard, Marcelo, Andre Reynolds II
Defender/Midfielder: Nicolas Hasler
Defender/Midfielder/Forward: Diego Campos, Raheem Edwards
Midfielder: Mo Adams, Brandt Bronico, Przemyslaw Frankowski, Jeremiah Gutjahr, Aleksandar Katai, Cristian Martinez, Dax McCarty, Djordje Mihailovic, Amando Moreno, Bastian Schweinsteiger
Forwards: Fabian Herbers, Nemanja Nikolic
Chicago Fire Finalizes its 2019 Technical Staff
The Chicago Fire has named Raphael Fevre its Head Strength and Conditioning Coach and appointed Petar Milcanovic to be the Club's Director of Performance.
Fevre, who spent the 2017 season as the Fire's Strength and Conditioning Coach, rejoins the Men in Red after working with Belgian side KAS Eupen during its 2018-19 campaign.
Milcanovic, who joined the Fire ahead of the 2018 MLS campaign, is entering his second season with the Men in Red.
Prior to joining the Fire in 2017, Fevre worked with several clubs in Ligue 1, including Paris Saint-Germain, SC Batia, Valenciennes FC and Stade Brestois 29. He also served as an athletic trainer for Chelsea FC in 2011.
Milcanovic spent time with several European clubs prior to joining the Fire, including Greek first-division club Paok FC and Armenian Premier League side FC Banants. Milcanovic also served as the Strength and Conditioning Coach for the U-20 Serbian National Team (2012-15), working alongside Fire Head Coach Veljko Paunovic. In 2015, the team won the FIFA U-20 World Cup, the first world title at any level in Serbia's history.
Men in Red to Open 2019 Season at LA Galaxy
The Men in Red will begin the 2019 MLS season with an away match against the LA Galaxy at Dignity Health Sports Park on Saturday, March 2, beginning at 7:00 p.m. CT. The Fire's 2019 home opener will take place the following weekend when the team hosts Orlando City SC at SeatGeek Stadium on Saturday, March 9, beginning at 12:00 p.m. CT.
Tickets for the Chicago Fire's 2019 home regular season matches are currently available for purchase by visiting www.chicago-fire.com/tickets. The Fire are currently offering single-game tickets, group and flex plans and 2019 season tickets.
Fire Foundation to Host 2019 Season Kickoff Gala on Feb. 26
The Chicago Fire Foundation, the charitable arm of the Chicago Fire, will host its 2019 Season Kickoff Gala, presented by Magellan Corporation, on Tuesday, Feb. 26 from 6-9 p.m. CT at The Geraghty (2520 South Hoyne Ave., Chicago, Ill.).
Designed as a cocktail-attire event, the gala will feature a reception, dinner and an extensive silent auction that will allow attendees to bid on autographed Fire gear, additional sports memorabilia, gift certificates and much more. Attendees will also have the opportunity to meet the Chicago Fire's coaches and players ahead of the Club's 22nd season in Major League Soccer.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 12, 2019
- FC Dallas Unveils Reunion Kit for 2019 - FC Dallas
- D.C. United Acquire Veteran Midfielder/Defender Chris McCann - D.C. United
- Major League Soccer and Kellogg Extend Partnership Through 2020 - MLS
- Hagglund, Mattocks tally for Orange and Blue in 3-2 Preseason Setback - FC Cincinnati
- Major League Soccer Launches "Our Soccerâ? Campaign for 2019 Season - MLS
- Chicago Fire Weekly Update - February 12, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- Mercy Health Named FC Cincinnati's Official Health Care Provider - FC Cincinnati
- Heath, Franch, Sonnett Named to U.S. Women's National Team Roster for SheBelieves Cup - Portland Timbers
- Nashville MLS Hires Chance Myers and Ally Mackay to Technical Staff - Nashville SC
- Impact Acquires Nigerian Striker Orji Okwonkwo on Loan - Montreal Impact
- New York Red Bulls Sign Danish Forward Mathias Jorgensen - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Falls 1-0 to New York City FC at Yankee Stadium
- Chicago Fire's Gabriel Slonina, Allan Rodriguez Called Up to U-15 U.S. Boys' National Team for 2019 Torneo Delle Nazioni
- Chicago Fire Academy Goalkeeper Damian Las Called up to U-17 U.S. Men's National Team for 2019 CONCACAF U-17 Championship
- Chicago Fire Weekly Update - April 21, 2019
- Chicago Fire Dominates the Colorado Rapids in 4-1 Win