Nailers Deal Two Ahead of Trade Deadline
WHEELING, WV- The Wheeling Nailers, proud ECHL affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins, made two transactions prior to Thursday's ECHL Trade Deadline. Wheeling sent forward J.C. Campagna to the Allen Americans, completing a future considerations deal. The Nailers then dealt defenseman Nolan Descoteaux to the Wichita Thunder in exchange for future considerations.
Campagna, 24, appeared in five games with the Nailers, after he was acquired as part of a four-player swap with the Orlando Solar Bears. J.C. netted a pair of goals in his second game with the club, as Wheeling defeated the Norfolk Admirals on January 13th. The rookie forward has played in 32 games this season, all in the ECHL, compiling eight goals, 18 assists, and 26 points. This completes the initial trade which brought forward Marcus Basara to the Nailers.
Descoteaux, 28, suited up in six games for Wheeling, going scoreless with eight penalty minutes and an even rating in +/-. Nolan has collected 16 points in 49 ECHL games this year, bringing his career totals to 74 points in 222 matches at the "AA" level.
The Nailers will continue their homestand with a two-game set against the Reading Royals on Friday and Saturday, with both games starting at 7:05. Friday will be Ladies Night, featuring a pregame wine tasting event. Saturday is Pittsburgh Penguins Night, in which fans can see the Stanley Cup, the first 2,500 fans will receive a Carter Rowney Bobblehead, and the Nailers will wear special jerseys. To purchase tickets, or to get more information about season tickets, flex plans, group tickets, and more, call (304) 234-GOAL.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 8, 2018
- Nailers Deal Two Ahead of Trade Deadline - Wheeling Nailers
- Kotyk Recalled by Wolf Pack, Barone Released - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - March 8 - ECHL
- Rush Acquire Radjenovic - Rapid City Rush
- Fuel Sign Defenseman James Roll to Ato - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Announce Multiple Transactions - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears Acquire Robbie Baillargeon from Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Acquire Beukeboom from Worcester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals Get D Vasaturo from Kalamazoo for Future Considerations - Reading Royals
- Wings Trade Vasaturo to Reading Royals - Kalamazoo Wings
- Thunder Acquire Kenton Miller from Rapid City - Adirondack Thunder
- Thunder Acquires Veteran DMan Descoteaux - Wichita Thunder
- Walleye Trade Forward for D-Man - Toledo Walleye
- Karabacek, Kile Recalled - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Beast Blow Lead and Lose Close Game - Brampton Beast
- Three Unanswered Destroys Beast, 4-3 - Reading Royals
- Thunder Partners with Ron Baker, Children's Miracle Network - Wichita Thunder
- Monarchs Finalize Trade with Worcester Railers for Ashton Rome - Manchester Monarchs
- Forward Michael Joly Recalled to San Antonio - Colorado Eagles
- Solar Bears Win Streak Snapped by Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Van Stralen Scores Twice in Win vs. Mallards - Wichita Thunder
- Railers Can't Pass the Test in 5- 2 School Day Game Loss in Wheeling - Worcester Railers HC
- Americans Open Road Trip with a 2-1 Shootout Win - Allen Americans
- Morning Hockey as Beast Looking to Even Season Series - Reading Royals
- Paterson Shuts Down Steelheads for Shootout Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Rush Fall to Shorthanded Oilers - Rapid City Rush
- Pauly's Hat Trick Drives Mavericks to 4-1 Win over Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Oilers End Road Trip with Second Straight Win - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.