Mustaches and Movember Are Back at the Q
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Monsters announced Thursday that the organization is once again teaming up with the Movember Foundation to raise funds and awareness in the fight against men's health issues, most notably prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health, and suicide prevention. The team has had several player and front office participants over the last seven seasons, raising over $22,000 for the cause. Last season, the Monsters placed among the top ten teams in Movember's Hockey Fights Cancer challenge with $7,590 raised.
This year, the Monsters Movember team is comprised of 17 players and front office members who will fundraise for the month. Fans are encouraged to join by either signing up to be a part of the team or directly donating to their favorite players' accounts at www.clevelandmonsters.com/movember.
In addition, anyone in attendance at November Monsters games at The Q can stop by the Monsters Community Fund Table, at Section 128 on the concourse, to participate in special jersey auctions and raffles in support of Movember efforts.
All players participating in Movember are eager to get the word out on these important issues. Participating players can also be made available to media upon request.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 1, 2018
- Barracuda Set to Become Cleveland Barons on November 18th - San Jose Barracuda
- T-Birds and Sound Tigers Square off in Home and Home Series Friday & Saturday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Chicago Wolves Skating Rink Opens Saturday at Brookfield Zoo - Chicago Wolves
- Heat, SUSD & Mayor Tubbs to Kick off Second Year of Reading Faceoff Challenge to Five SUSD Elementary Schools - Stockton Heat
- Minnesota Wild Inks Colton Beck to Two-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- AHL Joins NHL, NHLPA in 20th Annual Hockey Fights Cancer Initiative - San Diego Gulls
- Roadrunners 'I Voted Night' Takes Place Wednesday - Tucson Roadrunners
- Thunderbirds F Henrik Borgstrom Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month for October - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Antoine Bibeau Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - San Jose Barracuda
- Amerks Forward Victor Olofsson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month for October - Rochester Americans
- Olofsson, Borgstrom, Bibeau Named CCM/AHL Monthly Award Winners for October - AHL
- Veterans and Active Military to Receive Free Entry on November 11 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sean Walker & Austin Wagner Recalled by Kings - Ontario Reign
- Canes Assign Di Giuseppe to AHL - Charlotte Checkers
- Sens to Support Hockey Fights Cancer - Belleville Senators
- Mustaches and Movember Are Back at the Q - Cleveland Monsters
- Penguins Partner with Hockey Fights Cancer - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Ottawa Recalls Three from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- American Hockey League Joins NHL, NHLPA for 20th Annual Hockey Fights Cancer Initative - AHL
- Chicago Wolves Loan Lough to Adirondack - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers Recall Gillam from Worcester - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Mangiapane's Two-Point Night Helps Heat Win First Home Game - Stockton Heat
- Currie Scores Twice in Condors Loss, 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Laval Rocket Fall to Belleville Sens 2-1 - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.