Amerks Forward Victor Olofsson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month for October
(Rochester, NY) - The American Hockey League announced today that Rochester Americans forward Victor Olofsson has been named the CCM/AHL Player of the Month for October.
Olofsson tallied five goals and 10 assists for a league-leading 15 points in 10 games during October.
Olofsson made his AHL debut on Oct. 5 and earned an assist while taking a team-high five shots on goal in a 6-2 loss to Charlotte. He then put together a seven-game scoring streak, beginning with a three-point effort in a 6-3 win over Syracuse on Oct. 10. Olofsson had back-to-back two-point games at Bridgeport on Oct. 13 and 14, and then notched two goals and two assists in a 6-1 win at Utica on Oct. 17. Olofsson recorded an assist and a shootout goal in a 5-4 win over Toronto on Oct. 19 before notching single assists on Oct. 20 at Belleville and Oct. 26 vs. Utica.
In his first season of play in North America, the 23-year-old Olofsson leads all AHL skaters in scoring through the month of October and is one off the league lead with his 10 assists. In addition, nine of his points have come on the power play, helping the Amerks to a 29.5 percent efficiency through 10 games. Olofsson was a seventh-round selection by the Buffalo Sabres in the 2014 NHL Draft and played 200 games in the Swedish Hockey League, where he scored a league-best 27 goals for Frolunda in 2017-18.
Individual game tickets for the 2018-19 season start at just $14. Amerks 2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships, which start as low as just $12 per game, are on-sale now. Full-season ticket member benefits include, but are not limited to, Riverside Club VIP Room access with Amerks Alumni, family meet and greet and annual Skate with the Players event, an exclusive preseason Ice Breaker Party and Chalk Talk with the Amerks coaching staff, your very own Season Ticket Member ID and Discount Card and much more. For more information, visit www.amerks.com/seasontickets or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 1, 2018
- Barracuda Set to Become Cleveland Barons on November 18th - San Jose Barracuda
- T-Birds and Sound Tigers Square off in Home and Home Series Friday & Saturday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Chicago Wolves Skating Rink Opens Saturday at Brookfield Zoo - Chicago Wolves
- Heat, SUSD & Mayor Tubbs to Kick off Second Year of Reading Faceoff Challenge to Five SUSD Elementary Schools - Stockton Heat
- Minnesota Wild Inks Colton Beck to Two-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- AHL Joins NHL, NHLPA in 20th Annual Hockey Fights Cancer Initiative - San Diego Gulls
- Roadrunners 'I Voted Night' Takes Place Wednesday - Tucson Roadrunners
- Thunderbirds F Henrik Borgstrom Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month for October - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Antoine Bibeau Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - San Jose Barracuda
- Amerks Forward Victor Olofsson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month for October - Rochester Americans
- Olofsson, Borgstrom, Bibeau Named CCM/AHL Monthly Award Winners for October - AHL
- Veterans and Active Military to Receive Free Entry on November 11 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sean Walker & Austin Wagner Recalled by Kings - Ontario Reign
- Canes Assign Di Giuseppe to AHL - Charlotte Checkers
- Sens to Support Hockey Fights Cancer - Belleville Senators
- Mustaches and Movember Are Back at the Q - Cleveland Monsters
- Penguins Partner with Hockey Fights Cancer - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Ottawa Recalls Three from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- American Hockey League Joins NHL, NHLPA for 20th Annual Hockey Fights Cancer Initative - AHL
- Chicago Wolves Loan Lough to Adirondack - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers Recall Gillam from Worcester - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Mangiapane's Two-Point Night Helps Heat Win First Home Game - Stockton Heat
- Currie Scores Twice in Condors Loss, 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Laval Rocket Fall to Belleville Sens 2-1 - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- Sabres Acquire Draft Pick from Stars
- Amerks Move Atop AHL Standings with 3-2 Overtime Win over Crunch
- Give the Gift of Hockey with Amerks Holiday Packs
- Bailey, Simpson Each Score Twice in 5-2 Win over Monsters
- Former Bills Running Back Freddy Jackson to Appear at December 7 Amerks Home Game