Montreal Alouettes Add Marquay McDaniel as An Offensive Assistant Coach
Montréal - The Montreal Alouettes announced on Tuesday that the club has added former CFL receiver Marquay McDaniel to the coaching staff as an Offensive Assistant Coach.
In nine years as a CFL receiver, the first three with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, the last six with the Calgary Stampeders, McDaniel caught 554 passes for 7,301 yards and 37 touchdowns.
In 2017, he caught 65 passes for 860 yards and four touchdowns, while gaining 1,074 yards and scoring four touchdowns in 2016 the previous year before. McDaniel won a Grey Cup with the Stamps in 2014. The 35-years-old, native from Reston, VA was a guest coach with the Calgary Stampeders in 2018.
The Alouettes also added American receiver Zac Parker to their practice roster. He was part of training camp in 2019 and spent some time with the team in 2018.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from June 25, 2019
- CFL Wins Most Outstanding Use of Facebook Category in the Inaugural Hashtag Sports Awards Presented by Budweiser - CFL
- BC Lions Add DB Branden Dozier and LB Korey Toomer - B.C. Lions
- Celebrate Canada's Birthday With The Saskatchewan Roughriders - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Davis Named Shaw CFL Top Performer for Week 2 - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Greg Ellingson Named CFL Player of the Week - Edmonton Eskimos
- Thomas Erlington Named a CFL Top Performer for Week 2 - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Montreal Alouettes Add Marquay McDaniel as An Offensive Assistant Coach - Montreal Alouettes
- Argos Sign Nat K/P Zack Medeiros to Practice Roster - Toronto Argonauts
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.