Thomas Erlington Named a CFL Top Performer for Week 2
The Canadian Football League announced Tuesday that Hamilton Tiger-Cats national running back Sean Thomas Erlington has been named one of the CFL Top Performers for Week 2.
Erlington, 26, recorded 12 carries for 109 yards while adding three receptions for 56 yards in Hamilton's 64-14 road win Saturday over the Toronto Argonauts at BMO Field. The 5-9, 217-pound native of Montreal, Quebec is second in the CFL this season with 177 rushing yards on 23 carries.
Edmonton's Greg Ellingson and Ottawa's Dominique Davis, first and second in voting, respectively, join Thomas Erlington as this week's CFL Top Performers. The three players were chosen by a panel of judges who independently send their selections to the CFL head office. The panel includes former Canadian Football League players Matt Dunigan and Duane Forde of TSN and Pierre Vercheval of RDS.
Tiger-Cats named CFL Top Performers of the Week this season:
Sean Thomas Erlington - Week 2 (3rd)
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from June 25, 2019
- CFL Wins Most Outstanding Use of Facebook Category in the Inaugural Hashtag Sports Awards Presented by Budweiser - CFL
- BC Lions Add DB Branden Dozier and LB Korey Toomer - B.C. Lions
- Celebrate Canada's Birthday With The Saskatchewan Roughriders - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Davis Named Shaw CFL Top Performer for Week 2 - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Greg Ellingson Named CFL Player of the Week - Edmonton Eskimos
- Thomas Erlington Named a CFL Top Performer for Week 2 - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Montreal Alouettes Add Marquay McDaniel as An Offensive Assistant Coach - Montreal Alouettes
- Argos Sign Nat K/P Zack Medeiros to Practice Roster - Toronto Argonauts
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.