CFL Wins Most Outstanding Use of Facebook Category in the Inaugural Hashtag Sports Awards Presented by Budweiser
June 25, 2019 - Canadian Football League (CFL) News Release
TORONTO - The Canadian Football League (CFL) announced today that the 2018 season of CFL Game Time has won the Most Outstanding use of Facebook category in the inaugural Hashtag Sports Awards Presented by Budweiser. The Awards honour excellence in fan and consumer engagement, and winners were recognized at the live show on June 25, 2019 at The TimesCenter in New York City to kick off the 4th annual Hashtag Sports Conference.
Season Two of CFL Game Time debuted on June 13 and can be found on the CFL Instagram feed @CFL. The show is hosted by the CFL's Brodie Lawson and three-time Grey Cup champion Davis Sanchez and brings fans behind the scenes and on the sidelines of the biggest stories of the League.
"It's an absolute honour to win an award which showcases the CFL's dedication and commitment to its incredible fans," said Kelly Shouldice, Vice President, Content for the CFL. "This award means so much and of course, it would not be possible without the talented CFL content team and the tremendous passion of Canadians for our sport. We couldn't be more grateful that they have welcomed our team across the country as we create a more interactive and engaging fan experience."
Winners of the Hashtag Sports Awards Presented by Budweiser were determined by the Engagement Academy of Sports & Entertainment, a prestigious group of CMOs, executives, athletes, and other engagement experts from across the global media and marketing ecosystem. Notable Engagement Academy members include NHL CMO Heidi Browning, Portland Trail Blazers Guard and Pull Up host CJ McCollum, Spartan Race CMO Carola Jain, NBC Sports CMO Jennifer Storms, Cleveland Browns QB and Camwood Ventures Partner Baker Mayfield, Take It There host Taylor Rooks, OBB Pictures CEO & Founder Michael D. Ratner, LA Rams CMO Ronalee Zarate-Bayani, Complex CEO Rich Antoniello, and Philadelphia 76ers CMO Katie O'Reilly.
"Congratulations to the CFL for helping to set the industry standard for effective engagement and raise the fan experience to new heights," said Steve Cobb, Co-Founder of Hashtag Sports. "To have your work recognized by our esteemed judges in the Engagement Academy as best in class among this year's amazing finalists is a high honour and truly noteworthy achievement."
CFL's 2018 season of The Grind, was also nominated for Best Original Content. The Grind was an original 10-week series where CFL Host, Brodie Lawson, traveled throughout North America to visit the hometowns of the CFL's biggest stars, while seeing how they train in the offseason. The series was supported by a 100-day social media workout challenge - #TheCFLGrind.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from June 25, 2019
- CFL Wins Most Outstanding Use of Facebook Category in the Inaugural Hashtag Sports Awards Presented by Budweiser - CFL
- BC Lions Add DB Branden Dozier and LB Korey Toomer - B.C. Lions
- Celebrate Canada's Birthday With The Saskatchewan Roughriders - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Davis Named Shaw CFL Top Performer for Week 2 - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Greg Ellingson Named CFL Player of the Week - Edmonton Eskimos
- Thomas Erlington Named a CFL Top Performer for Week 2 - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Montreal Alouettes Add Marquay McDaniel as An Offensive Assistant Coach - Montreal Alouettes
- Argos Sign Nat K/P Zack Medeiros to Practice Roster - Toronto Argonauts
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.