Monsters & American Cancer Society To Host "Survivor & Volunteers" at The Q Thursday
CLEVELAND, Oh. - The Cleveland Monsters and American Cancer Society are extremely excited and honored to host 30 cancer survivors and volunteers for a "Breakfast at The Q" event on Thursday, March 22nd at 9:00 am. There, the group will enjoy breakfast and watch the Monsters players during their morning skate practice as the team prepares for its game Thursday evening vs. Chicago. After practice, the guests will have the opportunity to head to the ice to meet Monsters players and take photos next to the newly installed "purple" dasher boards.
This event is a preface to the first-ever "Purple Game" the Monsters will host on Saturday, March 24th at 7:00 pm at The Q where the team will raise funds and awareness for cancer research. Players will wear specialty purple jerseys emblazoned with an American Cancer Society patch that will be auctioned off during and after the game. Other fan touch-points include a purple Rally Towel giveaway courtesy of Jeep for the first 10,000 fans, purple fan posters, purple concourse lighting and purple dasher boards enclosing the ice. Nearby, Cleveland's Terminal Tower will be lit in purple for the night in support of the evening's efforts. Partial proceeds from the night will benefit The American Cancer Society as well as other local groups that are supporting those touched by all forms of cancer.
Monsters Defenseman Cameron Gaunce will be one of the many players saluting survivors and volunteers at the morning skate. "As someone whose family has been impacted by cancer, I'm excited, as are my teammates, to take part in The Purple Game," said Gaunce. "Almost everyone has been affected in some way by this terrible disease or knows someone who has and my teammates and I are glad we can do our part to help support the American Cancer Society in any way possible."
WHAT: "Survivors & Volunteers" Breakfast & Photo with Monsters Players hosted by the Cleveland Monsters & American Cancer Society
WHEN: Thursday, March 22nd 9:00-10:30 am
WHERE: Quicken Loans Arena One Center Ice Cleveland, OH 44115
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2018
- Vegas Calls Upon Dansk - Chicago Wolves
- Forward Ejdsell Assigned to Rockford from SHL's HV71 - Rockford IceHogs
- Game #59 Preview: Tucson vs. San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Pesce, Rask to Miss Remainder of the Season - Charlotte Checkers
- Bring Your Dog to the Game this Sunday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sieloff Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Condors Sign Wells and Vesel to Tryout Deals - Bakersfield Condors
- Roadrunners Recall Army from Wheeling - Tucson Roadrunners
- Devils Sign Defenseman Jagger Dirk to Ato - Binghamton Devils
- Amerks and Perry's Ice Cream Bring Back "Players Pick Perry's" Sweepstakes - Rochester Americans
- O'Brien Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- San Antonio Reassigns Goaltender Sam Brittain to Colorado Eagles - San Antonio Rampage
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Olivier Archambault to AHL Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters & American Cancer Society To Host "Survivor & Volunteers" at The Q Thursday - Cleveland Monsters
- Barracuda Shutout 4-0 in Tucson - San Jose Barracuda
- Well-Rounded Roadrunners Blank Barracuda 4-0 Tuesday Night - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Hold on to Edge Admirals, 2-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Drop 2-1 Decision to Grand Rapids - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Take Down Western Conference-Leading Moose in 4-2 Fashion - San Antonio Rampage
- Moose Finish Trip with 4-2 Loss at San Antonio - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Sign Forward Carson Meyer to AHL Contract
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Thomas Schemitsch to AHL Contract
- Cavs, Monsters and Charge Announce Multi-Year Extension of Radio Broadcast Agreement
- Monsters Sign Forward Tyler Sikura to AHL Contract
- Monsters Sign Justin Scott, Dillon Simpson, Brad Thiessen to AHL Contracts