Admirals Drop 2-1 Decision to Grand Rapids
Milwaukee, WI - Harry Zolnierczyk scored the Admirals lone goal as the dropped a 2-1 decision to the Grand Rapids Griffins on Tuesday night at Panther Arena.
The loss was the third in a row for Milwaukee and put the Ads five points back of the fourth and final playoff position in the Central Division with 11 games to go. However, the Ads still control their own destiny as 10 of the remainder of their games will be in the among Central Division foes.
Grand Rapids picked up goals from Matt Lorito in the second period and Corey Elkins early in the third to give them a 2-0 lead with under 10 minutes to play in the game.
However, with the Admirals playing shorthanded Tyler Gaudet sprung Zolnierczyk on a breakaway and he connected for his 18th goal of the season, which tied a career high for him.
It was also the Admirals league-leading 14th shortie of the season.
Milwaukee had ample chances to tie the game in the final three minutes, but came up short.
Anders Lindback was the tough-luck loser for the Ads, as he stopped 28 of 30 shots, the seventh straight game he has allowed two or fewer goals.
The Admirals are off until Friday night when they will travel to Rockford to take on the IceHogs in another pivotal match-up at 7 pm. The Ads are back home on Sunday afternoon at 5 pm when they play host to Iowa at Panther Arena in the team's annual Purina Dog Day.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2018
- Vegas Calls Upon Dansk - Chicago Wolves
- Forward Ejdsell Assigned to Rockford from SHL's HV71 - Rockford IceHogs
- Game #59 Preview: Tucson vs. San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Pesce, Rask to Miss Remainder of the Season - Charlotte Checkers
- Bring Your Dog to the Game this Sunday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sieloff Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Condors Sign Wells and Vesel to Tryout Deals - Bakersfield Condors
- Roadrunners Recall Army from Wheeling - Tucson Roadrunners
- Devils Sign Defenseman Jagger Dirk to Ato - Binghamton Devils
- Amerks and Perry's Ice Cream Bring Back "Players Pick Perry's" Sweepstakes - Rochester Americans
- O'Brien Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- San Antonio Reassigns Goaltender Sam Brittain to Colorado Eagles - San Antonio Rampage
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Olivier Archambault to AHL Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters & American Cancer Society To Host "Survivor & Volunteers" at The Q Thursday - Cleveland Monsters
- Barracuda Shutout 4-0 in Tucson - San Jose Barracuda
- Well-Rounded Roadrunners Blank Barracuda 4-0 Tuesday Night - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Hold on to Edge Admirals, 2-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Drop 2-1 Decision to Grand Rapids - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Take Down Western Conference-Leading Moose in 4-2 Fashion - San Antonio Rampage
- Moose Finish Trip with 4-2 Loss at San Antonio - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.