Barracuda Shutout 4-0 in Tucson
TUCSON, Az. - The San Jose Barracuda (26-24-4-3) failed to find the back of the net on Tuesday night at the Tucson Convention as the Tucson Roadrunners (35-18-4-1) earned their fourth straight win with a 4-0 victory.
In the first, Connor Garland (6) gave Tucson the games first lead at 7:11 as he fired a rebound under the crossbar on the man advantage. Lane Pederson (11) made it 2-0 Roadrunners after leaving the penalty box he was able to circle the net before swiping home a Carter Camper wrister that had pinballed behind Antoine Bibeau.
In the second, Garland lifted a loose puck out of his end and over the San Jose defense where Mario Kempe (16) got to it first and netted his clubs third goal with a brilliant forehand-to-backhand move on a breakaway at 4:36. Bibeau was pulled after allowing three goals on 17 shots in 24 minutes and 36 seconds of work. In relief, despite making back-to-back point-blank saves, Stephon Williams would succumb to Tucson's fourth goal in the low slot on the power play at 15:37 off the stick of Michael Bunting (17).
In the third, Adin Hill was perfect making all seven saves he faced including a full extension denial on Caleb Herbert after the puck had taken a wicked bounce off the right-corner stanchion.
Bibeau (18-13-3) took the loss after allowing three goals on 17 shot in 24 minutes and 36 seconds of work. Hill (16-10-3) earned his third shutout after stopping all 20 shots he faced. Stephon Williams (0-0-0) allowed one goal on 18 shots in relief.
The Barracuda wrap up their four-game road trip on Wednesday (7:05 p.m.) at Tucson. Listen live on AM 1220 KDOW and watch live at AHLLive.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2018
- Vegas Calls Upon Dansk - Chicago Wolves
- Forward Ejdsell Assigned to Rockford from SHL's HV71 - Rockford IceHogs
- Game #59 Preview: Tucson vs. San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Pesce, Rask to Miss Remainder of the Season - Charlotte Checkers
- Bring Your Dog to the Game this Sunday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sieloff Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Condors Sign Wells and Vesel to Tryout Deals - Bakersfield Condors
- Roadrunners Recall Army from Wheeling - Tucson Roadrunners
- Devils Sign Defenseman Jagger Dirk to Ato - Binghamton Devils
- Amerks and Perry's Ice Cream Bring Back "Players Pick Perry's" Sweepstakes - Rochester Americans
- O'Brien Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- San Antonio Reassigns Goaltender Sam Brittain to Colorado Eagles - San Antonio Rampage
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Olivier Archambault to AHL Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters & American Cancer Society To Host "Survivor & Volunteers" at The Q Thursday - Cleveland Monsters
- Barracuda Shutout 4-0 in Tucson - San Jose Barracuda
- Well-Rounded Roadrunners Blank Barracuda 4-0 Tuesday Night - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Hold on to Edge Admirals, 2-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Drop 2-1 Decision to Grand Rapids - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Take Down Western Conference-Leading Moose in 4-2 Fashion - San Antonio Rampage
- Moose Finish Trip with 4-2 Loss at San Antonio - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.