MNUFC Loans Dayne St. Clair to San Antonio
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Minnesota United announced today that the club will loan goalkeeper Dayne St. Clair to San Antonio FC of the USL Championship for the 2020 season with the right to recall St. Clair at any time throughout the duration of the loan.
"This is a great opportunity for Dayne. The most important thing for him and his continued development is to get games under his belt," said Head Coach Adrian Heath. "He'll be working with a great team, a good system with a fantastic staff. We expect big things from Dayne, and this is the right move at the right time."
St. Clair joined the Loons from the University of Maryland, leading the Terrapins to the 2018 NCAA National Championship. He did not allow a goal in the final 500 minutes of the season and at Maryland worked with coach Sasho Cirovski, who is known for his work with current USMNT goalkeeper Zack Steffen. At 6-foot-3-inches and 165 lbs, St. Clair brings length to the position and is a modern keeper who wants to play with the ball at his feet and be a distributor. The native of Pickering, Ontario, was named to the USC Third Team All-North Region.
St. Clair featured for the Loons in three international friendlies during 2019, playing against Hertha Berlin, Aston Villa and CF Pachuca. He went on loan to Minnesota's USL affiliate Forward Madison where he made five appearances.
Tickets for the first half of the 2020 season at Allianz Field are on sale now at mnufc.com/tickets. Season ticket members, members of The Preserve and subscribers to the MNUFC newsletter will get access to special presales throughout the season before the general public. Visit mnufc.com/preserve for more info on The Preserve and mnufc.com/newsletter for more info on subscribing to the newsletter.
Transaction: Minnesota United loans goalkeeper Dayne St. Clair to San Antonio FC of the United Soccer League (USL) Championship on a Loan Agreement for the 2020 season. This agreement contains a right to recall the player at any time throughout the duration of the loan.
Dayne St. Clair
Born: 5.9.1997 (22 years old)
Weight: 165 lbs
Hometown: Pickering, Ontario
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 12, 2020
- Sounders FC Plays Pair of Preseason Friendlies in Mexico City - Seattle Sounders FC
- Atlanta United Surpasses 1 Million Twitter Followers, First in MLS - Atlanta United FC
- Revolution Top Colorado Rapids, 3-1, in Preseason Action - New England Revolution
- Timbers Announce Broadcast Details for 2020 Season - Portland Timbers
- Atlanta United Signs Manuel Castro on Loan from Estudiantes - Atlanta United FC
- FC Cincinnati Season Kick-Off Event Set for March 4 - FC Cincinnati
- Earthquakes Stadium to Host USWNT Friendly against Brazil on April 14 - San Jose Earthquakes
- MNUFC Signs Forwad Aaron Schoenfeld - Minnesota United FC
- FC Dallas Announces Partnership with Entercom - FC Dallas
- MNUFC Loans Dayne St. Clair to San Antonio - Minnesota United FC
- Atlanta United Falls 3-1 on Penalties to Leones Negros in Final Preseason Friendly - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota United FC Stories
- MNUFC Statement on Major League Soccer Suspending Season
- Minnesota United Statement on Covid-19 Ahead of Home Opener on March 15
- Minnesota United Defender Ike Opara Voted MLS Player of the Week
- MNUFC Midfielder Hassani Dotson Named to U.S. Olympic Qualifying Roster
- MNUFC Dominate in 5-2 Win in San Jose