MNUFC Acquires Midfielder Jacori Hayes in Trade with FC Dallas
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. (January 21, 2020) - Minnesota United today announced the club has acquired midfielder Jacori Hayes via trade from FC Dallas, in exchange for a third round 2021 MLS SuperDraft pick.
"It's not very often you get the opportunity to bring somebody in who is young, who has experience in the league," said Head Coach Adrian Heath. "Always delighted when anybody joins us and we think the midfield is an area where we're going to need a little more depth. We've got the Euro Cup coming up this year, the Olympics coming up and it's an area where we feel we could get stretched. We spoke to a lot of people who have worked with Jacori now or before and they have a lot of good things to say about him. We're really excited to get him in."
Hayes joins Minnesota after three seasons with FC Dallas. The 24-year-old midfielder was selected 18th in the first round of the 2017 MLS SuperDraft by FC Dallas and has since made 39 game appearances, including 31 minutes in the first round of the MLS Cup Playoffs at Seattle Sounders. He made his MLS debut against Sporting Kansas City on March 11, 2017, recorded his first MLS assist in March 2018 versus Portland Timbers and first MLS goal in April of 2018 against New England Revolution.
A Wake Forest grad, Hayes appeared in 81 matches and scored 15 times and had 15 assists. He was named a NSCAA First Team All-American in 2016. He earned a USSDA Eastern Conference Starting XI nod during his time with the Baltimore Bays in 2011-2012. Hayes was an All-American at Dematha Catholic High School.
Transaction: Minnesota United trade third round 2021 MLS SuperDraft pick to FC Dallas for midfielder Jacori Hayes.
Date of birth: 06.29.1995 (24 years old)
Weight: 150 lbs
Birthplace: Andrews Air Force Base, Maryland
Citizenship: United States
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 21, 2020
- Sounders FC's CONCACAF Champions League Match at CD Olimpia on February 20 Moved to San Pedro Sula - Seattle Sounders FC
- Atlanta United Acquires Adam Jahn from Phoenix Rising - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC to Host Third Annual Job Fair for Banc of California Stadium Employees - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Set to Travel to Costa Rica for 2020 Preseason - Portland Timbers
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Ghanaian Midfielder Leonard Owusu from Israeli Premier League Side FC Ashdod - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Atlanta United Acquires up to $1.1 Million in Allocation Money from D.C. United - Atlanta United FC
- D.C. United Acquires Atlanta United Midfielder Julian Gressel for $750,000 in TAM - D.C. United
- FC Cincinnati Loan Goalkeeper Ben Lundt to Louisville City FC - FC Cincinnati
- Real Salt Lake Signs Defender Ashtone Morgan - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Signs Liga MX Forward Franco Jara - FC Dallas
- LA Galaxy Sign Forward Javier "Chicharito" HernÃÂ¡ndez - LA Galaxy
- New York Red Bulls Bring Back Josh Sims on Loan - New York Red Bulls
- Dynamo Charities Host Grand Opening for Mini Pitches at Herman Brown Park - Houston Dynamo
- Toronto FC Sign Defender Rocco Romeo - Toronto FC
- FC Dallas Trades Jacori Hayes to Minnesota United FC - FC Dallas
- MNUFC Acquires Midfielder Jacori Hayes in Trade with FC Dallas - Minnesota United FC
- FC Cincinnati Foundation Announces Second-Annual Served by the Pros Fundraiser - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota United FC Stories
- Loons Head to Sporting Kansas City December 2 for Conference Semifinals
- Loons Win First MLS Playoff Game
- Minnesota United FC vs. Colorado Rapids Preview
- Loons Host Colorado Rapids in Round One of 2020 Playoffs
- MNUFC Midfielder Kevin Molino Voted MLS Player of the Week