Missions Earn Split Behind Keel's Brilliant Performance
CORPUS CHRISTI - Jerry Keel continued his strong start in June by tossing six scoreless innings as the Missions split their series with the Hooks, winning 5-1 Tuesday night at Whataburger Field.
Keel recorded an 8.18 ERA in his two May starts against the Hooks. The left-hander allowed only one runner to get to second base on Tuesday while completing six innings for the third time in as many starts this month.
Keel recorded a 7.07 ERA in May. He's allowed only six runs across 18 innings this month.
Austin Allen doubled home a pair of runs and Ty France scored twice, as San Antonio increased its first-half lead over Corpus to two games with six to play in the half.
The Missions will head to Frisco for the next four days while the Hooks travel to Midland. San Antonio plays host to Corpus beginning Sunday.
NEXT: RH Colin Rea (0-2, 8.27) vs. RH Richelson Pena (4-3, 3.52) 7:05 PM
KONO 860 AM
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from June 12, 2018
- Jones No-Hits Drillers into the 7th, Cardinals Win 3-1 - Springfield Cardinals
- Naturals Plate Seven Unanswered, Capture Share of First in North Division - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Missions Earn Split Behind Keel's Brilliant Performance - San Antonio Missions
- Ninth Inning Rally Not Enough for Drillers - Tulsa Drillers
- Hooks BP on the Blue Ghost - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Beck Homers in Loss to 'Hounds - Frisco RoughRiders
- Missions Drop 2nd Straight to Hooks - San Antonio Missions
- Hooks Plate Seven in 7th to Beat Missions - San Antonio Missions
- De Goti & Ferrell Fuel CC - Corpus Christi Hooks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- Missions Shutout Cards in Series Opener
- Missions-Drillers Series Finale Postponed Due to Unplayable Conditions
- Tulsa Shuts Down San Antonio on Star Wars Night
- Missions Drop Series Opener Despite Racking up a Season-High 17 Strikeouts
- Cards Hold off Chanclas in the Ninth to Take Series