Beck Homers in Loss to 'Hounds
FRISCO, Texas - Preston Beck delivered a splash hit home run on Super Splash Day at Dr Pepper Ballpark but the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, lost the series finale to the Midland RockHounds 11-3 Tuesday afternoon.
* Beck cut the RockHounds lead to 6-3 with a solo home run into the Choctaw Lazy River in the seventh.
* Michael O'Neill drove in rehabber Elvis Andrus with a triple in the third, cutting the Midland lead to 6-2.
* Midland jumped up 6-0 after three innings and capped the offensive outburst with a four-run ninth.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Preston Beck: 2-for-3, HR, RBI, R
* Michael O'Neill: 2-for-4, 3B, BB, RBI
* Elvis Andrus: 1-for-4, R (rehab)
NEWS AND NOTES
* Andrus went 1-for-4 in the second game of his rehab assignment with the Riders.
* On his 26th birthday, O'Neill extended his on-base streak to 18 games with two hits and a walk.
Riders vs. San Antonio, Wednesday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: RHP Richelson Pena (4-3, 2.52) vs. RHP Colin Rea (0-2, 8.27)
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from June 12, 2018
- Jones No-Hits Drillers into the 7th, Cardinals Win 3-1 - Springfield Cardinals
- Naturals Plate Seven Unanswered, Capture Share of First in North Division - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Missions Earn Split Behind Keel's Brilliant Performance - San Antonio Missions
- Ninth Inning Rally Not Enough for Drillers - Tulsa Drillers
- Hooks BP on the Blue Ghost - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Beck Homers in Loss to 'Hounds - Frisco RoughRiders
- Missions Drop 2nd Straight to Hooks - San Antonio Missions
- Hooks Plate Seven in 7th to Beat Missions - San Antonio Missions
- De Goti & Ferrell Fuel CC - Corpus Christi Hooks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.