Minnesota Wild Re-Signs Defenseman Matt Bartkowski to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract
DES MOINES, IOWA - Minnesota Wild General Manager Paul Fenton announced today the National Hockey League (NHL) club has re-signed defenseman Matt Bartkowski to a one-year, two-way contract ($700,000/$350,000).
Bartkowski, 31 (6/4/88), registered 19 points (4g, 15a) and 48 penalty minutes (PIM) in 70 games with the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL) in 2018-19. The 6-foot-1, 198-pound native of Pittsburgh, Pa., ranked second on the team in plus/minus rating (plus-11) and T-2nd amongst team defensemen in games played. In addition, he tallied two points (1g, 1a) and 10 PIM in 11 games during the 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs. The left-shot defenseman made his Minnesota debut on Dec. 29, 2018 at Winnipeg, becoming the 25th player (fourth defenseman) in Wild franchise history to score a goal in his team debut.
Bartkowski owns 48 points (8g, 40a), 157 PIM and 482 hits in 255 games during parts of nine NHL seasons with Boston (2010-15), Vancouver (2015-16), Calgary (2016-18) and Minnesota (2018-19). The blueliner has tallied three points (1g, 2a) and 14 PIM in 19 career Stanley Cup Playoff contests with Boston (2012-14) and Calgary (2016-17). He has 98 points (17g, 81a) and 211 PIM in 279 games during five seasons in the AHL with the Providence Bruins (2010-13, 2016-17) and Iowa (2018-19).
The Wild signed Bartkowski as a free agent on July 1, 2018. He was originally selected by the Florida Panthers in the seventh round (190th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting iowawild.com.
Images from this story
Iowa Wild defenseman Matt Bartkowski (left)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from June 11, 2019
- Minnesota Wild Re-Signs Defenseman Matt Bartkowski to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Toyota Signs on as Naming Rights for Ontario, California Arena - Ontario Reign
- Oilers Sign Patrick Russell to One-Year NHL Deal - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Sign Esposito and Iacobellis to AHL Deals - Bakersfield Condors
- American Hockey League, Clubs Raise $6 Million for Charitable Causes in 2018-19 - AHL
- Last Week Around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.