Oilers Sign Patrick Russell to One-Year NHL Deal
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors announced today that the Edmonton Oilers have signed RW Patrick Russell to a one-year NHL contract. Russell was an unrestricted free agent.
Career highs in goals (18), assists (22), and points (40) in 2018-19; in addition was second-best on the team at +30
Had seven points (2g-5a) in 10 AHL Calder Cup Playoff games
One of five Condors to make their NHL debuts in 2018-19 with the Oilers against Calgary on November 17; he played five games in Edmonton
Led the Condors with two shorthanded goals and was third in shots with 145
Recorded 84 points (40g-44a) in 187 career AHL games, all with Bakersfield
Represented Denmark for the third time at the 2019 IIHF World Championships in MayStay up to date all offseason long by bookmarking the The Player Tracker which will have the latest on player signings throughout the summer.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from June 11, 2019
- Minnesota Wild Re-Signs Defenseman Matt Bartkowski to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Toyota Signs on as Naming Rights for Ontario, California Arena - Ontario Reign
- Oilers Sign Patrick Russell to One-Year NHL Deal - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Sign Esposito and Iacobellis to AHL Deals - Bakersfield Condors
- American Hockey League, Clubs Raise $6 Million for Charitable Causes in 2018-19 - AHL
- Last Week Around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bakersfield Condors Stories
- Enter to Win 2 Tix to Every Arena Event in 2021 with a COVID-19 Test
- Condors Sign Ryan Stanton and Graham McPhee
- Condors Sam Kim Named Video and Coaching Coordinator for the Toronto Maple Leafs
- Condors Cooper Marody to Release Song to Benefit the Colby Cave Memorial Fund
- Condors to Honor Healthcare Heroes/Essential Workers Opening Weekend