Minnesota Wild Names Joe O'Donnell New Radio Voice
SAINT PAUL, Minn. - The National Hockey League's (NHL) Minnesota Wild today named Joe O'Donnell radio play-by-play announcer. He will call a majority of Wild games this season. Bob Kurtz will continue to serve as the radio play-by-play announcer for a limited number of home games. Tom Reid will continue as radio analyst and Kevin Falness will continue as executive producer/studio host for all Wild games.
O'Donnell begins his 14th season with the Minnesota Wild organization. He filled in for Kurtz on select radio broadcasts the last two seasons. O'Donnell served as the play-by-play announcer for the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL) for eight seasons (2013-21) and the Houston Aeros for five seasons (2008-13). He also served as Director of Broadcasting and Team Services with Iowa.
Prior to joining the Wild organization, O'Donnell spent three seasons with the Idaho Steelheads in the ECHL as a broadcaster (2005-08) and served as an intern with ECHL's Reading Royals for two seasons (2003-05). He called the 2011 AHL Calder Cup Finals, served as the announcer for the 2007 ECHL All-Star Game and the 2007 Kelly Cup Finals, and was named the ECHL's National Conference Broadcaster of the Year in 2007.
The Havertown, Pa., native graduated from the University of Delaware with a degree in communications.
KFAN 100.3 FM enters its 11th season as the official radio flagship home of the Minnesota Wild.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 16, 2021
- Abbotsford Canucks Announce Additions to Development Staff - Abbotsford Canucks
- Eagles Sign Trio to AHL Two-Way Contracts - Colorado Eagles
- Admirals Sign Blujus to AHL Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Thunderbirds to Continue to Call the MassMutual Center Home - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Moose Sign Forward Greg Meireles - Manitoba Moose
- Condors Extend Broadcast with IHeartMedia; Move to Comedy 800 AM - Bakersfield Condors
- Griffins to Retire Jersey Numbers of Michel Picard and Jeff Hoggan - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Minnesota Wild Names Joe O'Donnell New Radio Voice - Iowa Wild
- Senators Prospects Looking to Make a Mark at Rookie Camp - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.