Minnesota United Presents Men in Blazers Live at the Ordway
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - As part of the festivities around Minnesota United's home opener at the brand-new Allianz Field on Saturday, April 13, the team today announced a live event on Friday, April 12 with Men in Blazers at the Ordway Theater in downtown Saint Paul at 7:00 p.m., supported by Visit Saint Paul. The night will be a celebration of Minnesota, its unique fan culture, and all things Minnesota United. The evening will be packed with special guests as a celebration of football fandom, the history of football across the state and the remarkable achievement that is Allianz Field.
The English duo of Roger Bennett and Michael Davies have been providing wry soccer commentary since 2014 when Men in Blazers began as a podcast hosted by ESPN's Grantland which grew to become a cult television show on NBC Sports. Their recently published book, the Encyclopedia Blazertannica, was a New York Times Bestseller, and their 14-city tour of the United States last summer was sold out.
"We have watched your fan base grow with a marvel from afar and it has been a long-held dream of ours to come to your City," said Roger Bennett, Men in Blazers co-host. "We cannot wait to relish in your supporter culture, to eat food on a stick, and to be with your manager, Adrian Heath, who - as an Everton icon - used to be on a poster above my bed. To celebrate the opening of your stadium is a genuine honor. It is an epic moment in the history of the game in this country."
Tickets for the event will become available to fans in the following order: season ticket members, members of The Preserve, newsletter subscribers and finally the general public. To get access to presales and have the best chance at tickets, join The Preserve - the official Allianz Field waiting list - or subscribe to MNUFC newsletters at mnufc.com/newsletter.
Download the new MNUFC Mobile App and get Minnesota United in the palm of your hand. Stay on top of news, updates, stats, roster information and league standings, plus access and manage your digital tickets beginning in late February. Available for iPhone and Android devices. Get the app at mnufc.com/app.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 21, 2019
- Montreal Impact Foundation to Erect Second Mini-Field in Montreal - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Loans Midfielder Mo Adams to Memphis 901 FC - Chicago Fire
- Preview: Orlando City Travels to Face New York Red Bulls - Orlando City SC
- FC Dallas Loans Moises Hernandez to San Antonio FC - FC Dallas
- Dynamo Academy U-17s to Feature in Expanded Generation adidas Cup - Houston Dynamo
- Cruz's Backheel Tally wins MLS Goal of the Week - FC Cincinnati
- Expanded Generation adidas Cup to Feature Future MLS and International Stars - MLS
- Minnesota United Presents Men in Blazers Live at the Ordway - Minnesota United FC
- New York City FC Sign Brazilian Striker Heber - New York City FC
- Toronto FC Sign Laryea - Toronto FC
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Welcome Orlando City SC on Saturday - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Partners with SeatGeek to Launch Revolutionary Fan Experience - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.