Preview: Orlando City Travels to Face New York Red Bulls
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC (0-1-2, 2 points) hits the road for a match against the New York Red Bulls (1-0-1, 4 points) on Saturday, March 23. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. ET at Red Bull Arena.
The match will be locally televised on My65 and available on YouTube TV. It will also be broadcasted on Real Radio 104.1 FM in English and La Nueva 990 AM in Spanish.
"This weekend presents an opportunity for some of the other players. I think for us, we're excited, it presents a great challenge to go to New York," Head Coach James O'Connor said. We feel as though the players are in a good spot and we're looking forward to the game."
The Lions are coming off a 3-1 loss to the Montreal Impact on Saturday. Orji Okwonkwo registered the first goal of the afternoon for the Impact in the 14th minute with Ignacio Piatti following with a brace, scoring in the 15th and 80th minutes respectively. Dom Dwyer scored the lone goal for the Lions in the 91st minute.
Dwyer leads the Lions with two goals in 2019. Nani leads the Lions with two assists, tied for fourth in MLS. Goalkeeper Brian Rowe has registered 14 saves so far this season, putting him at second in MLS just one behind Seattle goalkeeper Stefan Frei for the league lead.
The Red Bulls enter Saturday's match fresh off their first victory of 2019, having defeated San Jose Earthquakes 4-1 on Saturday. Cristian Espinoza opened the scoring in the fifth minute, giving the Earthquakes a 1-0 lead only to be answered with four consecutive goals from New York in the second half. Alex Muyl recorded a brace on the afternoon for the Red Bulls, with Bradley Wright-Phillips and Danny Royer also registering a goal on the day.
Muyl now leads the Red Bulls with two goals this season, while defender Micheal Amir Murillo leads the team with two assists.
Saturday serves as the first of two meetings between the two clubs in 2019, with Orlando City scheduled to host RBNY on Sunday, July 21 at Orlando City Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 21, 2019
- Montreal Impact Foundation to Erect Second Mini-Field in Montreal - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Loans Midfielder Mo Adams to Memphis 901 FC - Chicago Fire
- Preview: Orlando City Travels to Face New York Red Bulls - Orlando City SC
- FC Dallas Loans Moises Hernandez to San Antonio FC - FC Dallas
- Dynamo Academy U-17s to Feature in Expanded Generation adidas Cup - Houston Dynamo
- Cruz's Backheel Tally wins MLS Goal of the Week - FC Cincinnati
- Expanded Generation adidas Cup to Feature Future MLS and International Stars - MLS
- Minnesota United Presents Men in Blazers Live at the Ordway - Minnesota United FC
- New York City FC Sign Brazilian Striker Heber - New York City FC
- Toronto FC Sign Laryea - Toronto FC
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Welcome Orlando City SC on Saturday - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Partners with SeatGeek to Launch Revolutionary Fan Experience - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City SC Announces 2019 MLS Expansion Draft Protected List
- City Furniture and Orlando City Soccer Club Launch "Delivering Hope" Program, Donating Beds to 100 Kids at October 4 Pajama Party
- Orlando City SC to Expand Presence in Osceola County
- Orlando City SC Parts Ways with James O'Connor
- Orlando City Fall to Chicago Fire in Season Finale