Match Preview: Red Bulls Welcome Orlando City SC on Saturday
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls (1-0-1, 4 pts) welcome Orlando City SC (0-1-2, 2 pts) to Red Bull Arena on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. Coverage of Saturday's match will be on MSG+ and New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn.
New York Red Bulls Radio begins at 6:30 p.m. ET with Countdown to Kickoff, presented by Honda, hosted by Matt Harmon and Steve Jolley. Ernesto Motta will have the Spanish play-by-play, beginning at 7:30 p.m.
The Red Bulls host Orlando City SC at Red Bull Arena for the sixth time in the all-time series. New York is 4-1-0 all-time against Orlando at RBA, winning the last four matches and outscoring their opponent, 9-3, during the stretch. The Red Bulls won their most recent match against OCSC, 1-0, on October 28, 2018 to earn their third Supporters' Shield in franchise history.
New York exploded offensively in their home opener against San Jose, tallying four second-half goals en route to a 4-1 win to begin their 2019 MLS home slate. The Red Bulls recorded their 21st league match with at least four goals at Red Bull Arena and 23rd across all competitions. New York has been held scoreless at Red Bull Arena in just 20 league matches and 25 matches across all competitions.
One of New York's three goal-scorers against San Jose was Bradley Wright-Phillips, who snapped his longest scoreless streak as a Red Bull at 10 matches across all competitions. Prior to Saturday's score, Wright-Phillips last goal came against at San Jose on October 6, 2018. His tally on Saturday raised his career league total to 107, just one goal shy of tying Jason Kreis for seventh all-time in league history. Wright-Phillips also added San Jose's goalkeeper Daniel Vega to his goalkeeper graveyard as Vega became the 37th different MLS keeper BWP has scored against.
New York hits the road for a matinee match against the Chicago Fire on Saturday, March 30. Kickoff is set for 1 p.m. ET with coverage on MSG and New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn.
Broadcast Transmission Information
Red Bull Arena - 7:30 p.m. ET (MSG+)
Saturday, March 23, 2019
New York Red Bulls vs. Orlando City SC
2019 MLS Regular Season Match 3
Red Bull Arena - Harrison, N.J.
Saturday, March 23, 2019 - 7:30 p.m. ET
MSG+, New York Red Bulls Radio
All-Time Series: New York leads, 5-3-1
Series at Red Bull Arena: Red Bulls lead, 4-1-0
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 21, 2019
- Montreal Impact Foundation to Erect Second Mini-Field in Montreal - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Loans Midfielder Mo Adams to Memphis 901 FC - Chicago Fire
- Preview: Orlando City Travels to Face New York Red Bulls - Orlando City SC
- FC Dallas Loans Moises Hernandez to San Antonio FC - FC Dallas
- Dynamo Academy U-17s to Feature in Expanded Generation adidas Cup - Houston Dynamo
- Cruz's Backheel Tally wins MLS Goal of the Week - FC Cincinnati
- Expanded Generation adidas Cup to Feature Future MLS and International Stars - MLS
- Minnesota United Presents Men in Blazers Live at the Ordway - Minnesota United FC
- New York City FC Sign Brazilian Striker Heber - New York City FC
- Toronto FC Sign Laryea - Toronto FC
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Welcome Orlando City SC on Saturday - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Partners with SeatGeek to Launch Revolutionary Fan Experience - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Red Bulls Fall Short to Philadelphia, 4-3 in Overtime
- New York Red Bulls, Newark Board of Education and Southern New Hampshire University Launch "Goal for Perfect Attendance" Program
- Match Preview: New York Heads to Philadelphia for Round One of the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs
- Luis Robles Named a Finalist for MLS WORKS Humanitarian of the Year
- New York Red Bulls Name Natasha Patel Head of Performance Analysis