Minnesota United Announces Bally Sports North and the CW Twin Cities as Broadcast Partners for 2021 Season
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Minnesota United today announced the club has partnered with Bally Sports North and The CW Twin Cities to broadcast the 2021 season, Minnesota's fifth season in Major League Soccer. Headlining the 34-game season are five nationally televised games and 29 locally broadcast on Bally Sports North, with 19 simulcast on The CW Twin Cities. The local broadcasts will be presented by MNUFC partner Bell Bank.
"Heading into 2021, one of our main priorities was ensuring that as many of our fans as possible would have access to our broadcasts," said MNUFC CEO Chris Wright. "I can't thank Sinclair and particularly Mike Dimond and Tom Burke enough for their level of cooperation and collaboration in putting together an agreement that will allow fans to find us across platforms from cable to digital to over-the-air all across the region."
The CW Twin Cities will simulcast 19 locally broadcasted games this season, providing Loons fans with an additional place to watch the 2021 season, including the home opener against Real Salt Lake on Saturday, April 24 at 7:00 p.m. CT.
"We are excited to provide our community with live and local premium sports programming," said Tom Burke, Vice President and General Manager of The CW Twin Cities. "Teaming up with our own Bally Sports North, we are able to offer our viewers the incredible passion and excitement of our local Major League Soccer Minnesota United team in a unique broadcast partnership...Go Loons!"
The broadcast team for Minnesota United telecasts on Bally Sports North features play-by-play announcer Callum Williams and Minnesota native Kyndra de St. Aubin as color commentator.
"We are extremely proud to be continuing our long-standing partnership with Minnesota United FC," said Mike Dimond, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Bally Sports North. "We are especially grateful for the continued collaboration by our partners at the team and at the league as we move our relationship forward."
Broadcast presenting partner Bell Bank has had a partnership with Minnesota United since 2018, including sponsorship of the Man of the Match named during each game.
"Our additional presenting partnership with the MNUFC Broadcast Network will help even more fans access and enjoy the sport of soccer," said Michael Solberg, Bell Bank president and CEO. "Bell Bank and Minnesota United share values focused on connecting people and building stronger communities. We are confident that through this partnership, we'll continue to find new ways to pay it forward together."
The regional sports network's lineup includes 13 home matches from Allianz Field and 16 on the road this season. Bally Sports North will deliver a total of 15 matches, Bally Sports North PLUS will offer 12 matches, and Bally Sports North Extra on The CW Twin Cities will air the April 24 and May 1 matches exclusively. Broadcasts will stream on the FOX Sports GO app, soon to be the Bally Sports app. Most matches will also simulcast on Bally Sports Wisconsin, extending the team's reach across the Upper Midwest.
All matches will include Loons Live, a 30-minute pre- and postgame show and will stream on the FOX Sports GO app, soon to be the Bally Sports app.
2021 Minnesota United Broadcast Schedule, presented by Bell Bank
DATE OPPONENT TIME (CT) TELEVISION THEME DAY
FRI. 4/16 @ Seattle Sounders 8:30 p.m. FS1
SAT. 4/24 Real Salt Lake 7:00 p.m. BSN Extra; CWTC Home Opener presented by Star Tribune
SAT. 5/1 Austin FC 7:00 p.m. BSN Extra; CWTC Presented by Toro
SAT. 5/8 @ Colorado Rapids 9:00 p.m. BSN PLUS; CWTC
WED. 5/12 Vancouver Whitecaps 8:00 p.m. BSN PLUS
SAT. 5/15 FC Dallas 7:00 p.m. BSN PLUS; CWTC Mental Health Awareness
SAT. 5/29 @ Real Salt Lake 8:30 p.m. BSN; CWTC
SAT. 6/19 @FC Dallas 7:30 p.m. BSN; CWTC
WED. 6/23 Austin FC 7:00 p.m. BSN Pride
SAT. 6/26 @ Portland Timbers 9:30 p.m. BSN; CWTC
SAT. 7/3 San Jose Earthquakes 7:00 p.m. BSN; CWTC Salute to Freedom
WED. 7/7 @ Colorado Rapids 8:00 p.m. BSN
SUN. 7/18 Seattle Sounders 1:00 p.m. ESPN
SAT. 7/24 Portland Timbers 7:00 p.m. BSN PLUS; CWTC
WED. 7/28 @ LAFC 9:30 p.m. BSN
SAT. 7/31 @ Vancouver Whitecaps 9:00 p.m. BSN; CWTC
WED. 8/4 Colorado Rapids 7:00 p.m. BSN
SAT. 8/7 Houston Dynamo 7:00 p.m. BSN PLUS; CWTC
SAT. 8/14 LA Galaxy 4:30 pm. FOX
TUE. 8/17 @ San Jose Earthquakes 9:30 p.m. BSN PLUS
SAT. 8/21 Sporting Kansas City 2:30 p.m. ESPN MLS Rivalry Week
SAT. 8/28 @ Houston Dynamo 7:30 p.m. BSN PLUS; CWTC
SAT. 9/11 @ Seattle Sounders 4:00 p.m. BSN PLUS; CWTC
WED. 9/15 @ Sporting Kansas City 7:30 p.m. BSN PLUS
SAT. 9/18 LA Galaxy 7:00 p.m. BSN; CWTC Kick Childhood Cancer
SAT. 9/25 Houston Dynamo 7:00 p.m. BSN PLUS; CWTC Hispanic Heritage
WED. 9/29 @ DC United 7:00 p.m. BSN PLUS
SAT. 10/2 @ FC Dallas 7:00 p.m. BSN PLUS; CWTC
SAT. 10/16 @ Austin FC 8:00 p.m. BSN; CWTC
WED. 10/20 Philadelphia Union 7:00 p.m. BSN
SAT. 10/23 LAFC 7:00 p.m. BSN; CWTC
WED. 10/27 @ Vancouver Whitecaps 9:00 p.m. BSN
SUN. 10/31 Sporting Kansas City TBD ESPN Fan Appreciation
SUN. 11/7 @ LA Galaxy 5:00 p.m. BSN; CWTC MLS Decision Day
*schedule is subject to change
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 14, 2021
- Union advance to the quarter-final of the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League - Philadelphia Union
- Toronto FC (2) - Club Leon (1) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Handwalla Bwana Ready to Add a Spark in First Full Season with Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- Columbus Crew SC Hosts Real Esteli FC Tomorrow in Second Leg of 2021 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 - Columbus Crew SC
- Sounders FC Announces Complete Regional Broadcast Lineup for 2021 Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Fan Experience Details for Saturday's Home Opener vs. New England - Chicago Fire FC
- FC Dallas Sells out 2021 Home Opener against Colorado Rapids - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Announces Historic Partnership with University of Utah Health - Real Salt Lake
- Austin FC Names Alex Ring as Club Captain Ahead of Inaugural MLS Season - Austin FC
- Minnesota United Announces Bally Sports North and the CW Twin Cities as Broadcast Partners for 2021 Season - Minnesota United FC
- Nashville Soccer Club's Jalil Anibaba Serving as Reading Role Model Through Books Brothers - Nashville SC
- By the Numbers: the 2021 Season Opener - Orlando City SC
- New England Revolution Youth Development Highlights: April 14, 2021 - New England Revolution
- Nashville Artist RaeLynn to Perform National Anthem at 2021 Season Home Opener: Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- PayPal Park to Host 2021 Premier Lacrosse League All-Star Game on July 18 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Orlando City Sells out 2021 Season Opener against Atlanta United FC - Orlando City SC
- Gary Smith Ready to 'Move into the Future' with Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- Major League Soccer and University of South Carolina Announce Multi-Year Education Partnership - MLS
- D.C. United Elevate Dave Kasper to President of Soccer Operations and Sporting Director; Name Lucy Rushton General Manager and Head of Technical Recruitment and Analysis - D.C. United
- Premier Lacrosse League Powered by Ticketmaster Announces Subaru Park as Host for Semifinals - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.