Milkmen Pitch and Hit in Victory over Gary
The Milwaukee Milkmen did something last night that they have not done in a long time...they pitched and hit in a convincing 7-2 win over the Gary Southshore Railsplitters. Sometimes the Milkmen get very good pitching and little hitting or the hitters score some runs and the pitchers do not hold the opposition.
On Friday night, which was Fireworks Night in Gary, Jose Rosario hit his 8th home run of the season leading off the 3rd inning; while Adam Walker hit his 20th homer in the 7th inning driving in three runs for the 7-2 lead. The hitters clubbed out twelve (12) hits while Jordan Kraus threw a masterpiece holding the Railsplitters to 5 hits for the night. Jake Joyce and Myles Smith threw the 8th and 9th to nail down the win for the Milkmen.
Two outstanding plays by the defense saved runs from being scored by the Railsplitters. Early in the game, Sam Dexter made an outstanding play going behind second base sliding into second base to get the lead runner...then rising up and firing to first to complete the double play. In the bottom of the 9th, Derek Reddy caught a very low line drive to center field and threw a strike to Dexter for the double play.
Leading the way offensively was Manny Boscan, Joes Rosario, Christ Conley and Adam Walker who each delivered two hits for the evening. On Saturday, the Milkmen play Gary for the final time this season and the Milkmen would surely like to win the series with a victory. Following Saturday Night's game, the team will travel to Milwaukee for a nine game series. See you at Routine Field.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 17, 2019
- Collier Holds off AirHogs for T-Bones 11th Straight - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Railroaders Sweep Sioux City - Cleburne Railroaders
- AirHogs Topped by Kansas City - Texas AirHogs
- 'Dogs Swept by Saints to Finish Season-Long Homestand - Lincoln Saltdogs
- An Historic Sweep of the Saltdogs with 3-0 Shutout - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Bounce Back against Dogs - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Lubking's 6 Strong Innings, 7th Inning Lead Not Enough in 3-2 Rubber-Game Defeat to Milkmen - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Dogs Drop Series Finale in Winnipeg - Chicago Dogs
- RedHawks Sweep Second Straight Series - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- RailCats Sign OF Herzog to First American Association Contract - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Milkmen Pitch and Hit in Victory over Gary - Milwaukee Milkmen
- 'Roaders Clip Explorers to Clinch Series - Cleburne Railroaders
- RedHawks Come Back to Beat Birds Late - Sioux Falls Canaries
- RedHawks Come from Behind to Shock Canaries - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- 'Dogs Homer Again, But Lose Third Straight - Lincoln Saltdogs
- X's Drops Series to Cleburne as Playoff Race Gets Tighter - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.