Mavericks Sign Kain Allicock to Standard Player Contract
INDEPENDENCE, MO (February 20, 2015)- The Missouri Mavericks announced Thursday afternoon that they have signed left wing, Kain Allicock, to a standard player contract.
The 6'5" left winger from Markham, Ontario joins the Missouri Mavericks fresh from the University of Waterloo (OUAA) where he notched 6 goals, 11 assists and 52 penalty minutes through 27 games with the Warriors this season.
"Kain is a big power forward who brings size and grit to our team," said Richard Matvichuk, Head Coach & Director of Hockey Operations for the Missouri Mavericks, "we are excited to get him in the lineup tonight."
Allicock will wear number 20 for the Missouri Mavericks when he makes his professional debut.
Kain Allicock, U. of Waterloo, 2014-15 (Photo Credit: Steve Brooks - U. of Waterloo Athletics)
The Mavericks play their next two games at home beginning with a contest this evening against the Allen Americans at 7:05 p.m. (CST). The Mavs will be giving away trading cards featuring the second set of "Top 10 All-Time Mavs" to the first 1,000 fans in attendance.
Missouri will continue the weekend on Saturday, Feb. 21 when they host the Rapid City Rush at Independence Events Center for "Pink in the Rink Night," sponsored by KC102.1 . The Mavericks will be wearing specialty pink jerseys that will be auctioned off directly after the game in Sections 101 and 102. Proceeds from the auction benefit Susan G. Komen of Greater Kansas City. The first 1,000 ladies in attendance will receive a pink scarf giveaway from our partners at Molly Maid and Bolero Salon & Spa.
Single game tickets are available for purchase online at TicketMaster.com or in-person at the Silverstein Eye Centers Box Office at Independence Events Center.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 20, 2015
- Royals' Fourteen Game Unbeaten Streak Ends in Kalamazoo, 4-1 - Reading Royals
- Rush Win Third Straight - Rapid City Rush
- K-Wings win third straight - Kalamazoo Wings
- Beast Maul Mallards 6-2 North of Border - Brampton Beast
- Gladiators Burned by Fluky Play, Fall 2-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Jackals Out-Gun Indy in Shootout, 2-1 - Elmira Jackals
- Mallards Fall 6-2 in Brampton - Quad City Mallards
- Fuel Fall to Jackals in Shootout, 2-1 - Indy Fuel
- Walleye Sink Cyclones, 3-1 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Transactions - February 20 - ECHL
- Islanders Assign Pair of Defensemen to Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Bigos Returns to Reign - Ontario Reign
- Nailers Announce Details of 2015 Wing Fest - Wheeling Nailers
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings vs Reading Royals - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign vs. Colorado Eagles - Ontario Reign
- Americans Meet the Mavericks Tonight in Missouri - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Sign Kain Allicock to Standard Player Contract - Kansas City Mavericks
- Chris August to Perform at "Faith and Family Night" - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Day Capsule: Rapid City at Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Thunder Goes Pink IX Kicks off vs. Idaho - Stockton Thunder
- Gladiators Game Preview: Gladiators at Komets - Atlanta Gladiators
- Forward Cam Reid Loaned to Bridgeport - Reading Royals
- Beast to Host First Sell-Out Game in Franchise History - Brampton Beast
- Colorado Eagles to Hold Fourth "Pot of Gold" Community Fundraiser - Colorado Eagles
- Jackals and Fuel Face-Off for First Ever Meeting at First Arena - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - February 20 - ECHL
- The Royal Road Ahead: Reading at Kalamazoo Wings - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.