Mavericks Game Preview - March 4 vs. Allen
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - Tonight the Missouri Mavericks play host to the Allen Americans for the second of back-to-back games. The Mavs are looking to get back into the win column after starting Military Apperication Weekend last night with a 3-1 loss.
WHO: Missouri Mavericks (26-22-7, 59 Pts.) vs. Allen Americans (36-17-5, 77 Pts.)
WHAT: Season Game #56, Home Game #29 - Military Appreciation Weekend. The Mavericks are wearing specialty jerseys for back-to-back games for the first time in team history. Their red, white and blue military-themed jerseys that debuted yesterday will be auctioned off after the game tonight. The auction will help raise funds for Warriors' Ascent - an organization that provides services to soldiers and first responders suffering from PTSD.
WHEN: Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 7:05 p.m.
WHERE: Silverstein Eye Centers Arena - 19100 E Valley View Pkwy., Independence, Mo. 64055. Broadcast carried live on www.missourimavericks.com, Missouri Mavericks mobile app and ECHL.TV. Live gameday Tweeting at @MoMavsGameDay.
CHECKING THE RIVALRY
The Mavericks are facing the Americans tonight for the ninth of 13 meetings between the clubs this season. It's the fourth of six between Missouri and Allen at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena where the Mavericks are 1-2-0 in the series. The Mavericks beat Allen at home 5-3 on Nov. 15 but have lost two in a row while being held to one goal combined in those games. The Mavericks (8-2-0) and Allen (8-2-1) had two of the best Februaries in the ECHL, and each team will rely on different strengths to keep winning. Allen's offense averaged 5.36 goals per game in February and only scored fewer than three goals in a game once. Missouri, meanwhile, boasts a 2.22 team goals-against average in its last nine games.
ONE-TIMER * The Mavericks and Americans split back-to-back overtime decisions in Allen on Jan. 15 and 16. They are part of Missouri's league-leading 16 overtime games played. Allen is close behind with 13.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 4, 2017
- Esshaki Inks Deal with Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Trenz Bags Overtime Winner for Aces at Utah - Alaska Aces
- Reading Royals (ECHL) Transactions: Goulbourne (F) Reassigned To - Reading Royals
- Nailers at Komets Game Day Snap Shot, March 4 - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspensions - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - March 4 - ECHL
- Aces Sign Former UAA Defenseman Chase Van Allen - Alaska Aces
- Kurtz Gets Call to Syracuse - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Greenville Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- STEELHEADS: Game Day Storylines- at Rapid City - Idaho Steelheads
- CYCLONES GAME NOTES: vs. Adirondack - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavericks Game Preview - March 4 vs. Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- GAME NOTES: Reading Royals V Manchester Monarchs (Saturday, 0) - Reading Royals
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, 3.4 - Manchester Monarchs
- Faust Ties Record in Steelheads Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Colorado Claims Physical Affair to Stretch Win Streak - Colorado Eagles
- Stingrays Come up Short in Colorado - South Carolina Stingrays
- Idaho Scores Three in Third to Win - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.