Mavericks Add Reed Seckel to Roster
INDEPENDENCE, MO - The Missouri Mavericks announced Tuesday afternoon that they have acquired left wing Reed Seckel from the Indy Fuel (ECHL) in exchange for future considerations at the conclusion of the 2015-16 season.
Seckel, a Melvin, MI native, played five seasons with Northern Michigan University (NCAA) before being signed to the Toledo Walleye at the end of their 2014-15 campaign. The twenty-six year old winger has played fifteen games with the Indy Fuel this season.
"Reed is going to add a lot of energy to our lineup," said Richard Matvichuk, Head Coach & Director of Hockey Operations for the Missouri Mavericks. "We were able to watch him skate last month during our games against the Fuel, and we think he will be a great addition to the team."
Reed Seckel will wear number 70 for the Missouri Mavericks.
Reed Seckel - Indy Fuel 2015 (Photo Credit: Whiteshark Photography, Indy Fuel)
The Missouri Mavericks host a three-game home stand at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena- Friday, Dec. 18 through Sunday, Dec. 20. Tickets are available online at TicketMaster.com and in-person at the arena box office.
Friday, Dec. 18 the Mavs play the visiting Cincinnati Cyclones for the first time and will be welcoming the first 750 fans age 14 & under to the arena with a special youth jersey giveaway, presented by American Family Insurance. Doors open at 6:00p.m. for the 7:05p.m. game start.
Saturday, Dec. 19 the Mavs play the Cyclones again for their third annual Star Wars Night event! Fans are encouraged to get in the spirit and dress up as their favorite movie character for the intermission costume contest. Over twenty different characters from the Star Wars movie franchise will be in attendance to the game, walking the concourse pre-game and participating in promotions and themed contests throughout the evening.
Sunday, Dec. 20 is adult jersey giveaway night at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. The first 1,500 fans age 15 & older will receive a giveaway jersey presented by 360 Vodka upon entrance. Doors open at 3:00p.m. for the 4:05p.m. game start. Sunday is a Family 4-Pack game, with 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 Pepsi products, and 1 Red Robin appetizer (coupon) starting at just $84!
Images from this story
Left Wing Reed Seckel with the Indy Fuel
(Whiteshark Photography, Indy Fuel)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 15, 2015
- Aces Place Maxwell on Waivers - Alaska Aces
- Defenseman Jesper Pettersson Assigned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Everblades & Solar Bears to Participate in Wawa Sunshine Cup Series - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - December 15 - ECHL
- Mallards Bid to Extend Home Hot Streak; Flock Returns for Cap, Jersey Giveaways - Quad City Mallards
- Norfolk Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- Eagles Fans Donate over 5,000 Teddy Bears to Local Children - Colorado Eagles
- Rapid City's Stefanovich Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Nunn Returns, Neiley Heads to Providence - Atlanta Gladiators
- Colorado's Levine Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Stefanovich Named Player of the Week - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Continue Expansion of Street Hockey Program - Orlando Solar Bears
- Reed Seckel Traded to Missouri - Indy Fuel
- Mavericks Add Reed Seckel to Roster - Kansas City Mavericks
- Eagles Levine Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Colorado Eagles
- Grizzlies Begin HD Broadcast Schedule Friday on KMYU - Utah Grizzlies
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers to Wear Ugly Sweaters this Saturday - Tulsa Oilers
- Preview: College Night Wednesday - Atlanta at IceMen - Evansville IceMen
- K-Wings Continue Home Stand with Three Games this Week - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Erase Two-Goal, Third Period Deficit in Shootout Win
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Look to Bounce Back at Wichita
- Mavs' Win Streak Snapped at Seven
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Thunder Continue Three-Game Set Friday
- Mavericks, Thunder Announce Salvation Army Kettle Challenge