Mavericks Activate Coccimiglio and Bohunicky, Favot Released
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Missouri Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman announced Thursday afternoon the Central Hockey League (CHL) club has activated forward Brandon Coccimiglio off of 14-day injured reserve and defenseman Lukas Bohunicky off of 10-day injured reserve. Rookie forward Andrew Favot has been released in order for Missouri to be at the league mandated 19-man roster. Both Coccimiglio and Bohunicky will be dressed for Friday night's game against the Rapid City Rush.
Coccimiglio had 31 points on 17 goals and 14 assists in 36 games before being placed on the 14-day injured reserve with an upper body injury. Bohunicky, acquired on February 7, had played in only six games before being placed on the 10-day injured reserve.
Favot, who had been with Missouri since January 20, scored four goals and notched eight assists for 12 points in 18 games with Missouri.
The Mavericks host the Rapid City Rush this Friday night at Independence Events Center in a critical Turner Conference showdown. This will be the final meeting between the two teams this season. The Mavericks currently trail the Rush by one point in the Turner Conference standings for third place with 12 games remaining in the regular season. Faceoff is at 7:05pm.
Missouri Mavericks 2012-13 season tickets are on sale now. A $50 dollar non-refundable deposit is required for all season tickets. Contact the Mavericks ticket staff Monday-Friday, 9am-5:30pm at (816) 252-7825 if you are interested in season tickets. Every current Mavericks season ticket holder who renews their season tickets before March 23 will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win an $18,000 Harley-Davidson Fatboy motorcycle, a 60-inch HDTV and other prizes. Tickets for all remaining 2011-12 regular season games are on sale via www.Ticketmaster.com or by calling (800) 745-3000. For more information on the Missouri Mavericks call (816) 252-7825 or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 1, 2012
- Mallards Roll Over Bloomington 5-1 - Quad City Mallards
- Mallards Strike Early to Down Blaze - Bloomington Blaze
- Robinson Named Number One Star for February - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Activate Coccimiglio and Bohunicky, Favot Released - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brahmas Return to Cowtown for 'Fort Worth Facecoff' Series - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Evansville Moves Back on Top of the CHL Coaches Poll - CHL
- Wichita's Matt Robinson Leads âOakley Three Stars' for February - CHL
- McKee Returns to Mallards; Grant Signs, Takac Waived - Quad City Mallards
- Texas' Mark Guggenberger Named 50/50 Central/CHL Rookie of the Month - CHL
- Rush 'Leap' into Third Place After 8-4 Victory Over Sundogs - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks, Thunder Announce Salvation Army Kettle Challenge
- Mavericks Clinch Best Start in Team History with Seventh-Straight Win
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Face Thunder in Kids Day Game Clash
- Mavericks, Mariners Announce Future Considerations Trade
- Mavs Monday Report: November 12