McKee Returns to Mallards; Grant Signs, Takac Waived
MOLINE, Ill. (March 1, 2012) - Goaltender David McKee has been reassigned to the Quad City Mallards by the American Hockey League's Peoria Rivermen while goaltender Justin Grant has signed with the Mallards and netminder Kyle Takacs has been waived by the team, the Mallards announced today.
McKee, 28, returns to the Mallards after being recalled to the Rivermen for the third time this season on Sunday. The Irving, Texas, native has gone 11-13-1 with a 3.11 goals against average and a .897 save percentage in 25 games with the Mallards this season.
Grant, 30, joins the Mallards for the second time this season. The 6' 0", 185-pound Burlington, Iowa, native played briefly in three games for the Flock last month. He also served as the Missouri Mavericks' back-up in the Mavericks' November 26 game against the Mallards. Last season Grant joined the Mallards for three separate stints
Takacs, a 25-year old Iowa City resident, departs after signing with the Mallards Tuesday and acting as back-up in the Mallards' game Tuesday night against Fort Wayne. Takacs, who had previously enjoyed brief stints as a back-up netminder for the ECHL's Florida Everblades and South Carolina Stingrays, first came to the attention of Mallards coach and general manager David Bell when Takacs took part in a Mallards open tryout in October presented by Dwyer & Michaels and 97X.
The Mallards visit the Bloomington Blaze tonight before returning to action on home ice tomorrow night at 7:05 p.m. against the Komets. Tomorrow evening is Report Card Night- s tudents who earn an "A" or an equivalent on their report cards or present a letter from a teacher or administrator indicating academic success, can get a free ticket to that game. Students can get their free ticket at the Mallards' front office or from the i wireless Center box office. Students in grades K through 12 are eligible for this offer. One free ticket is available per student.
Single game tickets for all Mallards regular season home contests- including tomorrow night's game- are now available. Fans can contact the Mallards at (309) 277-1364 or email@example.com for more information about tickets.
Single game tickets are also available at the i wireless Center box office, at Ticketmaster outlets, through www.ticketmaster.com or through Ticketmaster charge-by-phone toll free. The box office is open weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and on game days from 10:00 a.m. until the start of the second period. Individual game tickets are available for $12 in the upper level and $17 in the lower level and $25 for the first row along the glass for adults. Tickets for kids 12 and under are available for $5 off adult rates. In addition, tickets are available to military personnel for $2 off the regular adult rate.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 1, 2012
- Mallards Roll Over Bloomington 5-1 - Quad City Mallards
- Mallards Strike Early to Down Blaze - Bloomington Blaze
- Robinson Named Number One Star for February - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Activate Coccimiglio and Bohunicky, Favot Released - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brahmas Return to Cowtown for 'Fort Worth Facecoff' Series - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Evansville Moves Back on Top of the CHL Coaches Poll - CHL
- Wichita's Matt Robinson Leads âOakley Three Stars' for February - CHL
- McKee Returns to Mallards; Grant Signs, Takac Waived - Quad City Mallards
- Texas' Mark Guggenberger Named 50/50 Central/CHL Rookie of the Month - CHL
- Rush 'Leap' into Third Place After 8-4 Victory Over Sundogs - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad City Mallards Stories
- Mallards Clearance Sale this Week
- Motte, Osipov Head to AHL
- Mallards Rally to Win Finale
- Mallards Game Day
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings