Mastrosimone Named to Top Prospects Game
GENEVA, ILLINOIS - The USHL announced Thursday that Steel forward Robert Mastrosimone will skate for Team East for the USHL/NHL Top Prospects game on January 8, 2019 at the Ice Box in Lincoln, Neb.
The two-day event will feature the USHL's top NHL Draft-eligible talent and begins January 7 with the game taking place on the 8th. This is the fifth year in a row the USHL has presented the game and the first time that the Lincoln Stars are hosting. The game has traditionally been attended by scouts from every NHL team.
"We are happy that Robert's talents were once again recognized in his selection to the USHL/NHL Top Prospects game," said Steel General Manager Ryan Hardy. "He's been a catalyst for us all season and we look forward to watching him, and several of our other 2019 NHL Draft prospects, continue to grow throughout the second half of the season."
Last season, forward Blake McLaughlin and defensemen Graham Lillibridge and Xan Gurney participated in the USHL/NHL Prospect Game that was played in Kearney, Neb., home of the Tri-City Storm.
Mastrosimone is currently away from the Steel as he represents Team USA at the World Jr. A Challenge that takes place December 9 to 15 in Bonnyville, Alberta. It is Mastrosimone's fourth time representing his country this season.
The Steel have a pair of games this weekend beginning with a road game at 7:05 p.m. on Friday in Des Moines. Chicago returns home to Fox Valley Ice Arena Saturday night for a 7:05 p.m. faceoff against the Omaha Lancers. The game is also Rusty's Birthday Celebration and will feature a mascot hockey game as more than a dozen local mascots are scheduled to attend. Be sure to stick around after the game for the second Skate with the Steel this season for your chance to skate with the future stars of college and professional hockey.
Tickets for all Steel home games are on sale now, starting at just $10 with stadium seating on the glass available for just $20. Parking is always free. Discounts are available for groups and season ticket plans start at just 5 games for $45.
For more information, call 855-51-STEEL or visit ChicagoSteelHockeyTeam.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2018
- Waterloo Teammates, International Competitors - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Saints Defenseman Taylor Commits to Clarkson - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Military Night Jersey Auction Saturday - Green Bay Gamblers
- Pregame Primer: Saints Motor to Muskegon for Two Game Set - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- NTDP Weekly: December 3-9 - U.S. National Team
- 2 Riders Named to USHL/NHL Prosepcts Game - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Former Phantoms Named to Preliminary Team USA World Junior Championship Roster - Youngstown Phantoms
- Four Musketeers Selected to USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - Sioux City Musketeers
- Six Stampede Players Named to USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Frisch & Giroday Named to USHL Top Prospects Game - Green Bay Gamblers
- Pinto Selected to Top Prospects Game - Lincoln Stars
- Waterloo Prospects Going to January Event - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Four Fighting Saints Selected for Top Prospects Game - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Prokop Named to 2019 USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game Roster - Omaha Lancers
- Mastrosimone Named to Top Prospects Game - Chicago Steel
- Five Bucs Named to 2018 USHL Top Prospects Game Roster - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Nodler and Fiedler Selected to USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - Fargo Force
- 2019 USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game Rosters Announced - USHL
- Three Flying Aces Selected to 2019 USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - Central Illinois Flying Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Steel Stories
- Weekly Preview: Collectable Snow Globe Giveaway Highlights Stellar Home Weekend
- Steel to Host Night to Benefit Geneva Schools
- Abruzzese Named USHL Forward of the Week
- Dominant Third Pushes Steel Past Musketeers 5-3
- Stampede Win 8-6 Barnburner over Steel in South Dakota