Marlies Close out Weekend in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton
The Marlies round out their three in three weekend today, taking on the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins in a Sunday showdown. This is the second and final meeting between these Eastern Conference foes and the Marlies hold a 1-0 lead in the season series after defeating the Penguins 7-4 on home ice back in December.
After battling back in the final minutes last night, only to lose in the final seconds to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, the Marlies will be looking to bounce back and close out the weekend on a high note. Toronto still sits third in the North Division and sixth in the Eastern Conference with 76 points. The Penguins are fresh off an overtime win over the Providence Bruins and will be looking to extend their win streak to four straight today. They currently sit fifth in the Atlantic Division and 9thin the Eastern Conference with 69 points.
Players to watch: Chris Mueller extended his point streak to seven games last night, registering two goals in Lehigh in his 700thcareer AHL game. He has 13 points (eight goals, five assists) in his past seven contests and continues to lead the Marlies with 27 goals. Jeremy Bracco has points in four consecutive games (two goals, six assists) and has recorded 19 points (four goals, 15 assists) in his last 13 games. He leads the AHL in assists with 49. Rasmus Sandin picked up an assist in Lehigh and now has points in six consecutive games (one goal, seven assists). Ethan Prow has points in four consecutive games and leads the Penguins with 45 points (17 goals, 18 assists).
Puck drops at 3:05 PM on AHLTV.
Head to Head (2018-19 Regular Season)
33-21-6-4 Overall Record 30-23-6-3
1-0-0-0 Head To Head 0-1-0-0
Loss 1 Streak Win 3
217 Goals For 194
210 Goals Against 180
22.7% Power Play Percentage 17.2%
80.7% Penalty Kill Percentage 80.5%
C. Mueller (27) Leading Goal Scorer T. Blueger (21)
J. Bracco (67) Leading Points Scorer E. Prow (45)
M. Hutchinson (13) Wins Leader T. Jarry (20)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 17, 2019
- Forsberg, Hogs Shut Down Stars to Regain Fourth Place in Central Division - Rockford IceHogs
- Barracuda Set New Franchise Record with 9-0 Win - San Jose Barracuda
- San Jose Puts Brakes on Eagles Win Streak in Lopsided Loss - Colorado Eagles
- Texas Halted by Rockford Netminder to Close Road Trip - Texas Stars
- Smith backstops first shutout with Bridgeport in the club's 11th straight win on a Sunday afternoon - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Moose Left with Home Loss in San Diego's First Visit - Manitoba Moose
- Driedger Strong, But T-Birds' Offense Comes up Empty in Bridgeport - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Penguins Lose to Toronto, 4-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Gulls Reach 70-Point Plateau with Win at Manitoba - San Diego Gulls
- Six Unanswered Goals Sink Utica in Loss to Metrostars - Utica Comets
- Gustavsson, Leier Head to Brampton - Belleville Senators
- Marlies Close out Weekend in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Toronto Marlies
- T-Birds Look for Third Win of Road Trip in Bridgeport - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Reign Whipped at Bakersfield - Ontario Reign
- Roadrunners Erupt to Score Five in Stockton; Secure a Weekend Sweep - Tucson Roadrunners
- Nearly 8,000 Watch Condors Cruise to 7-0 Win - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Marlies Stories
- Marlies Ready for Game Two of ECF
- Marlies Confident as They Prepare to Square off against Checkers in Eastern Conference Final
- Eastern Conference Finals Series Preview
- Marlies to Face Charlotte Checkers in Eastern Conference Finals
- Marlies Advance to Eastern Conference Finals