Mario Super in 3-0 Shutout over Reading
Mario Sanchez tossed seven shutout innings leading the Senators (41-26) to a 3-0 win over Reading (37-28) Saturday night in front of a season-best 6,558 fans at FNB Field. The Sens scored single runs in the 1st, 2nd and 4th innings giving Sanchez all he needed to beat Reading. Dante Bichette, Jr. hit his first home run as a member of the Senators, a solo shot, in the second inning.
Reading had runners on first and second with one out in the 4th inning, trailing 2-0. Darick Hall dumped a single into shallow right field but Mickey Moniak had to hold at second to be sure the ball would drop for a single. When it did, Wiseman threw to third, but the ball skipped past Sens third baseman Ian Sagdal, Moniak then scrambled home but Sagdal recovered and threw him out at the plate. Austin Listi followed by bouncing into a double play to end the inning. Reading only had three base runners the rest of the game.
On Capitol Hill
- Mario Sanchez pitched seven shutout innings, lowering his ERA to 2.52 with the Senators. He struck out six, didn't walk a batter and allowed just four hits.
- Joan Baez pitched a scoreless eighth, walking a batter with one out but pitching around the walk.
- Aaron Barrett earned his 12th save with a perfect ninth inning.
With the Gavel
- Dante Bichette, Jr. had two hits including his first home run with the Senators.
- Luis Garcia had two hits and score a run.
- Tres Barrera knocked in a run with a single and Ian Sagdal tripled and scored a run.
The Senators lead the season series against Reading 8-7 with one game to play.
Harrisburg is 14-9 at FNB Field since May 1.
The Senators have three games left in the first half. They play the final two of this series against Reading and the first two of their three-game series next week at Altoona first half games.
The final game of the three-game series between the Senators and Reading is Sunday at 1:00 pm. The game can be heard on CBS Sports Radio Harrisburg 96.5FM 95.3FM and 1400AM beginning at 12:50 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 15, 2019
- Three-Run Frames Spark 9-4 Baysox Victory - Bowie Baysox
- Homers Help Vasquez, Curve Down Ponies - Altoona Curve
- Spiedies Fall to the Curve Dropping Fourth Straight - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Thunder Fall in Slugfest with Baysox - Trenton Thunder
- Former Fightin Mario Sanchez gives Senators a 3-0 shutout - Reading Fightin Phils
- Mario Super in 3-0 Shutout over Reading - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs and RubberDucks Postponed on Saturday - Portland Sea Dogs
- Inclement Weather Postpones Yard Goats Game at Erie - Hartford Yard Goats
- RubberDucks-Sea Dogs Postponed Saturday; Doubleheader Sunday at 1:05 p.m. - Akron RubberDucks
- SeaWolves and Yard Goats Postponed on Saturday - Erie SeaWolves
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Hartford Yard Goats - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Sea Dogs Game Notes June 15th at Akron RubberDucks - Portland Sea Dogs
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs. Reading - Harrisburg Senators
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #62 Rumble Ponies (33-28) vs. Altoona Curve (33-31) - 6:35PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Harrisburg Senators Stories
- Senators Eliminated with 12-5 Loss
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information & Starting Lineup vs. Bowie - Game 4 WDCS
- Early Deficit too Much for Senators to Overcome
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs Bowie, Game 3, WDCS
- Senators Knot Series in 12