Mallards Make Preseason Bow at i Wireless Center Tomorrow Night
MOLINE, Ill. (October 8, 2010) - The Quad City Mallards of the "AA" Central Hockey League will see their first game action of 2010-11 tomorrow night when they take on the Bloomington PrairieThunder in a preseason match-up at the i wireless Center at 7:05 p.m.
Tickets for the preseason game are available to the general public for $8, while admission will be free for Mallards season ticket holders. Season ticket holders will need only to show a picture I.D. when arriving for the game.
All tickets are general admission and seating for the game will be limited to the lower level of the i wireless Center. The upper level will be curtained off for the night. Tickets are available in person at the i wireless Center box office, at Ticketmaster outlets, through www.ticketmaster.com or through Ticketmaster charge-by-phone toll free at 1-800-745-3000.
Tomorrow evening's game is the first of two exhibition tilts this weekend between the Mallards and PrairieThunder. The two will meet again Sunday afternoon at 4:05 p.m. in Decatur, Illinois at the Decatur Civic Center.
Fedorowich Joins Flock
The Mallards also today announced that Vince Fedorowich has been named the team's head athletic trainer.
Fedorowich most recently served as head athletic trainer at Centerville High School in Manassas, Virginia. The Mississauga, Ontario, native earned a master's of science in education with an emphasis in athletic training education from Old Dominion University in Norfolk after receiving his bachelor's degree in athletic training as well as in physical education and health from Graceland University in Lamoni, Iowa.
In 2007 Fedorowich was named Graceland's Most Distinguished Athletic Trainer. 2007 also saw Fedorowich intern in baseball with the Greenville Drive, a single A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox. He has also worked as head athletic trainer at Booker T. Washington High School in Norfolk, Virginia.
The Mallards will raise the curtain on their first CHL regular season on home ice Saturday, October 16, at 7:05 p.m. against the Odessa Jackalopes. Opening night, presented by Edwards Creative, 97X and News 8, will feature not only the Mallards in action on the ice, but also a pregame Fan Fest outside the i wireless Center beginning at 4:30 p.m. Fans attending pregame festivities will be treated to a concert by Tom Petty tribute band Free Fallin as well as a beer garden, food, games, kids' activities and autographed prize giveaways. In addition, all fans attending the opener will receive a free Mallards schedule poster courtesy of Edwards Creative, 97X and News 8. Admission to Fan Fest is free with the purchase of a ticket to the opener.
Mallards single game tickets for all 33 regular season home dates (as well as the home preseason tilt) are available in person at the i wireless Center box office, at Ticketmaster outlets, through www.ticketmaster.comor through Ticketmaster charge-by-phone toll free at 1-800-745-3000. The ticket office is open Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and on game days other than Sunday from 10:00 a.m. until the end of the first period. On Sundays on which the Mallards play at home the ticket office will be open from 1:00 p.m. until the end of the first period. Individual game tickets are available for $10 in the upper level and $15 in the lower level.
Mallards season tickets and mini plans are also still available to meet any budget or schedule. For more information on ticket packages for the upcoming season, fans can contact the Mallards at (309) 277-1364.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 8, 2010
- Brahmas Come Out On Top In Preseason Matchup, 3-2 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Bucks Close Out Preseason With 4-1 Win - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees fall to Bucks 4-1 in Laredo - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- 'Dogs to Battle Defending CHL Champs in Pair of Preseason Games this Weekend - Arizona Sundogs
- RiverKings Embark on 19th CHL Season this Weekend - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mudbugs Head to Mississippi for Preseason Tilts - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Mallards Make Preseason Bow at i Wireless Center Tomorrow Night - Quad City Mallards
- Mudbugs Release Promotional Schedule - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Gems Sign Goaltender - Dayton Gems
- Bucks Host Bees Tonight in Preseason Finale - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings on Radio 2010-11 - Mississippi RiverKings
- Preseason Game This Saturday - Dayton Gems
- Eagles Drop Opening Preseason Game to 'Jacks - Colorado Eagles
- Gems Fall Short 3-2 - Dayton Gems
- Jacks Top Eagles, 7-3, in Preseason Opener - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad City Mallards Stories
- Mallards Clearance Sale this Week
- Motte, Osipov Head to AHL
- Mallards Rally to Win Finale
- Mallards Game Day
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings