Killer Bees fall to Bucks 4-1 in Laredo
The Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees closed preseason play against the Laredo Bucks on Saturday night. The Bees fell in the exhibition affair 4-1 after a furious Bucks rally in the second. The Bees finished preseason play with a 1-1 record after last nights 4-3 overtime victory against Laredo.
The two rivals traded chances, and fisticuffs, during the first period with neither team able to get on the scoreboard. The best chance for the Bees came when Joe McCann rang a puck off the post on a two-on-one.
Juliano Pagliero played well between the pipes for the Bees in period one making saves on all 12 shots that came his way. For the second and third periods Brad Phillips entered the game.
Much like the previous night, a game the Bees won 4-3 in overtime; the Bucks opened a two goal lead in rapid succession. However Saturday night would no go the Killer Bees way as the Bucks added to their lead making it 3-0 at the end of two periods of play.
In the third the Bucks would add another tally to increase their lead to four.
The Bees continued to pressure the Bucks throughout the third period and got on the scoreboard at the 11:43 mark when Tyler Lehrke ripped one to the back of the net. Collecting assists on the play was Sean Muncy and Brandon Smith.
The Bees continued to put the pressure one but were unable to get another strike before the final horn.
The Bees open their season next Friday at State Farm Arena against the Laredo Bucks. Single game and season tickets are on sale now along with corporate partnership opportunities. For details call 956-843-7825 today!
Can't make it to the game? Listen to all Killer Bees games on KBUC 102.1-FM with Keith Lavon. Coverage begins 15 minutes before every game.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 8, 2010
- Brahmas Come Out On Top In Preseason Matchup, 3-2 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Bucks Close Out Preseason With 4-1 Win - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees fall to Bucks 4-1 in Laredo - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- 'Dogs to Battle Defending CHL Champs in Pair of Preseason Games this Weekend - Arizona Sundogs
- RiverKings Embark on 19th CHL Season this Weekend - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mudbugs Head to Mississippi for Preseason Tilts - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Mallards Make Preseason Bow at i Wireless Center Tomorrow Night - Quad City Mallards
- Mudbugs Release Promotional Schedule - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Gems Sign Goaltender - Dayton Gems
- Bucks Host Bees Tonight in Preseason Finale - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings on Radio 2010-11 - Mississippi RiverKings
- Preseason Game This Saturday - Dayton Gems
- Eagles Drop Opening Preseason Game to 'Jacks - Colorado Eagles
- Gems Fall Short 3-2 - Dayton Gems
- Jacks Top Eagles, 7-3, in Preseason Opener - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.