Bucks Host Bees Tonight in Preseason Finale
LAREDO, TX- The Laredo Bucks of the Central Hockey League will close out their 2010-11 preseason schedule tonight when they host the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees at Laredo Energy Arena. Game time is 7:30pm. ALL TICKETS ARE $5 and there will be a post-game skate following the contest. Call 718-BUCK (2825), visit www.ticketmaster.com or go to the LEA box office to get your tickets.
Friday October 8, 2010: Preseason Game 2
Rio Grande Valley (1-0) at Laredo (0-0-1), 7:30pm, Laredo Energy Arena
Internet Radio: NONE
Internet TV: NONE
Live stats available: www.pointstreak.com .
The Bucks and Bees opened their preseason slate Thursday night with Rio claiming a 4-3 overtime win over Laredo at State Farm Arena. Tyler Burton scored just 1:03 into the extra session to lead the Bees to the win. Laredo had three different goal scorers Thursday night as Neil Trimm, Joe Scali and Reid Edmondson lit the lamp, while Adam Avramenko stopped 29 of 33 shots he faced in net.
Rookie netminder Torrie Jung will get the start tonight for the Bucks.
The Bucks currently have 27 players on their training camp roster, which needs to be trimmed to 19 by October 14th. Some of the Bucks big guns will not play Friday night, as Jeff Bes, Serge Dube, Mark O'Leary, Chris Korchinski and Pier Pelletier are not scheduled to play against the Killer Bees. Bes and Dube will coach the team once again while Terry Ruskowski will watch from the press box. Jarred Mohr and Hans Benson, who was sent down from the AHL's Manitoba Moose, are scheduled to make their preseason debuts Friday night for the Bucks. All rosters are subject to change prior to game time.
The Bucks will start their ninth CHL season on October 15th with their home opener October 23rd against Rio Grande Valley at Laredo Energy Arena. Season tickets are on sale now for the 2010-11 season. Call 718-BUCK (2825) to place our order now.
BUCKS HOST LEGENDS NIGHT OCTOBER 23RD
The Bucks announced that they will hold the first-ever Legends Night during the October 23rd home opener at Laredo Energy Arena. The Bucks will welcome back several legendary players from the first eight seasons and honor them throughout the night when the Bucks host Rio Grande Valley. Group tickets start at just $10, call 718-BUCK (2825) to order now.
Bucks' legends that are returning to Laredo that night are Chris Grenville, Steve Simoes, Mike Amodeo, Igor Agarunov, Paul Elliott, and other players to be announced.
During the game the Bucks will honor the legends on the ice as well as with video tributes on the jumbo tron.
Also during the game fans can vote for the legend that they want to be the first member of the new Laredo Bucks Hall of Fame. The first member of the hall of fame will be determined by combination of the fan vote, legends vote and Bucks front office staff vote. More information on the Bucks Hall of Fame will be announced in the coming weeks.
PUBLIC SKATE OPEN HOUSE FRIDAY OCT. 22nd
The night before the home opener on Friday October 22nd the Bucks will host a public skate open house at Laredo Energy Arena from 6:30-9:30pm. Admission to the public skate is $5 for a 45 minute skating session.
The Bucks' legends and the entire 2010-11 Bucks team will be at the public skate to sign autographs and take pictures with fans. Bucks fans will also get their first glimpse of the Cricket Mayor's Cup as it will be on hand at the skate also. Bucks staff will be available to answer questions about purchasing season, group or single game tickets.
Season ticket holders will get a FREE HOT DOG AND SODA during the public skate (while supplies last). There will also be a special season ticket holder's area that night.
For more information on Legends Night or to purchase tickets call 718-BUCK (2825).
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 8, 2010
- Brahmas Come Out On Top In Preseason Matchup, 3-2 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Bucks Close Out Preseason With 4-1 Win - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees fall to Bucks 4-1 in Laredo - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- 'Dogs to Battle Defending CHL Champs in Pair of Preseason Games this Weekend - Arizona Sundogs
- RiverKings Embark on 19th CHL Season this Weekend - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mudbugs Head to Mississippi for Preseason Tilts - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Mallards Make Preseason Bow at i Wireless Center Tomorrow Night - Quad City Mallards
- Mudbugs Release Promotional Schedule - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Gems Sign Goaltender - Dayton Gems
- Bucks Host Bees Tonight in Preseason Finale - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings on Radio 2010-11 - Mississippi RiverKings
- Preseason Game This Saturday - Dayton Gems
- Eagles Drop Opening Preseason Game to 'Jacks - Colorado Eagles
- Gems Fall Short 3-2 - Dayton Gems
- Jacks Top Eagles, 7-3, in Preseason Opener - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.