Mallards Game Day
Four different players scored for the Adirondack Thunder and Adirondack goaltender Nick Riopel made 22 saves on the way to a 4-1 win over the host Mallards Wednesday night. Brayden Low scored the Mallard goal.
Tonight's game is the first of two in under 24 hours between the Mallards and Fuel, who will meet again at the TaxSlayer Center tomorrow at 4:05 p.m.
The Mallards have dropped their last two games. A 7-1 loss to the Komets last Saturday in Fort Wayne preceded Wednesday's defeat.
Tonight's game is the Mallards' eighth on home ice out of ten overall. Wednesday's loss ended the Mallards' three-game home winning streak.
Each of the Mallards' four victories have been one-goal games. Three of those four games have gone to overtime.
Red Light District
The Mallards have scored a league low average of 2.3 goals per game.
Josh MacDonald failed to score on a penalty shot Wednesday. MacDonald's was the first Mallard penalty shot since Matt Carey converted a one on March 9, 2016 in a 5-4 Mallard victory over the Evansville IceMen.
Sam Warning (7-1-8) is tied for fifth in the ECHL in goals. Warning's four game goal-scoring streak ended Wednesday. That streak is tied for fourth longest in the ECHL this season.
Between the Pipes
Ivan Kulbakov stopped 31 shots while making his sixth straight start Wednesday night. Kulbakov leads the ECHL in saves (249), is tied for fifth in wins (4) and ranks ninth in minutes played (403).
Kulbakov has changed uniform numbers from 1 to 31. Newly acquired goaltender Branden Komm will wear number 1.
The goal Low scored Wednesday was his first as a Mallard.
Justin Kovacs has 100 career points...Tristan King has 93 career goals...Garrett Klotz has 976 career regular season penalty minutes.
Low scored the Mallards' second shorthanded goal of the season Wednesday. The Mallards went 5-for-5 on the penalty kill Wednesday and now rank fifteenth in the ECHL (82.9 percent) in penalty killing. The Mallards have failed to convert their last 14 power plays. They rank twenty-fourth in the league on the power play (10.5 percent).
Head to Head
Tonight's game is the second of 11 between the Mallards and Fuel this season. The Mallards took the season series opener 4-3 in a shootout last Friday at the TaxSlayer Center. The two clubs will collide six times in Moline. All-time the Mallards have gone 11-10-0 against Indy overall and 7-3-0 at home.
Ins and Outs
Forward Tyler Wong was loaned to the Mallards by Chicago (AHL) Thursday...The Mallards released emergency backup goaltender Jake Reed Thursday after signing Reed Wednesday...The Mallards Wednesday placed defenseman Kyle Bigos (lower body injury) on injured reserve retroactive to November 4...The Mallards Wednesday placed forward Garrett Klotz (lower body injury) on injured reserve retroactive to October 29...The Mallards released goaltender Alex Sakellaropoulos Wednesday...The Mallards Tuesday acquired goaltender Branden Komm from Idaho in exchange for financial considerations.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 13, 2017
- Another Rush Rally Pushes Rapid City to 3-2 Win In - Colorado Eagles
- Rush Sweep Defending Champs for Fourth Straight - Rapid City Rush
- Mallards Pull Away with 5-3 Win over Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Reaches 10 Wins with 4-2 Victory in KC - Wichita Thunder
- Wings Suffer Second Straight Loss to Thunder - Kalamazoo Wings
- Sam Warning scored twice as the host Quad City Mallards defeated the Indy Fuel - Quad City Mallards
- Atlanta Earns Sixth Straight Road Win and Weekend Sweep - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers Split Home-And-Home Series with Walleye - Wheeling Nailers
- Booth; EverbladesRock Cyclones in 1-0 Victory - Florida Everblades
- Railers HC Drop Final Game of Homestand 6-3 to Monarchs - Worcester Railers HC
- Kevin Morris recorded the first hat trick of his career - Manchester Monarchs
- James De Haas Helps Royals Melt IceMen, 5-1 - Reading Royals
- Defenseman Josiah Didier Returns from AHL Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Sign Goaltender Alex Sakellaropoulos - Indy Fuel
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Defensemen Comrie, De Haas Return to Reading - Reading Royals
- Royals collect clothing for vets in need and give away rally towels - Reading Royals
- RUSH WIN THIRD STRAIGHT IN OVERTIME - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Powers Past Mavericks, 6-2 - Wichita Thunder
- RUSH WIN THIRD STRAIGHT IN OVERTIME - Rapid City Rush
- Rapid City Scores Four Unanswered to Top Eagles 4-3 in Over time - Colorado Eagles
- Danforth's Hat Trick Leads Cyclones Past 'Blades 4-1 - Florida Everblades
- Evan Cowley makes 33 saves in victory - Manchester Monarchs
- Beast Bury Four in Win over Norfolk - Brampton Beast
- Gladiators Tie the Game Late, Win Second Straight - Atlanta Gladiators
- Wings Fall Short against Thunder in Front of Sold Out - Kalamazoo Wings
- October's Rookie of the Month Nets Fourth Game Winner of the Year - Wheeling Nailers
- Beast Top Admirals 4-2 Friday Night - Norfolk Admirals
- ECHL Welcomes 100 Millionth Fan in League History - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game against Wichita Delayed - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel name Michael Neal captain for 2017-18 season - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Admirals Acquire Blueliner Segalla from Adirondack. - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad City Mallards Stories
- Mallards Clearance Sale this Week
- Motte, Osipov Head to AHL
- Mallards Rally to Win Finale
- Mallards Game Day
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings