Magic Rally Falls Short against Raptors 905
The Lakeland Magic, NBA G League affiliate of the Orlando Magic, fell to the Raptors 905 117-115 in front of a home crowd at the RP Funding Center.
With the Magic looking to extend their four-game win streak, it was a back-and-forth contest early in Lakeland. Tyler Ennis scored 14 points in the first quarter to give the Raptors a 35-29 lead going into the second. The Magic and Raptors both shot over 50% from the field in the first half, but three-point shooting and trips to the free throw line helped the Raptors extend the lead to 17 points at the end of the first half.
The Magic came out of the locker room firing and started the third quarter on a 10-2 run. Andrew Rowsey contributed eight points in the period as the Magic cut the lead down to seven going into the fourth. The lead continued to hover around seven points until the final three minutes when Melvin Frazier Jr. ignited the RP Funding Center with a posterizing, put-back dunk. Frazier and BJ Johnson both had a series of difficult finishes at the rim, propelling the Magic on a 10-2 run that allowed the team to briefly take the lead. A floater from Ennis and a jumper from Michael Bethea Jr. put the Raptors back up by three points with 16 seconds left. On the following Raptors possession, Frazier came up huge again and stole the ball from Ennis to give the Magic a chance to tie the game. A three from Josh Magette rattled out and sealed the win for the Raptors.
Frazier finished with 27 points, 10 rebounds, and 3 steals. Johnson scored 21 points, nine rebounds, and five assists. Magette contributed another all-around game with 18 points, 11 assists, four rebounds, and four steals.
Ennis lead the way for the Raptors with 30 points, six rebounds, five assists, and three steals. Devin Robinson posted 23 points and 12 rebounds. Henry Ellenson added 18 points and 11 rebounds.
The Lakeland Magic are back at home on Sunday, February 9 to take on the College Park Skyhawks. Tip-off at the RP Funding Center is set for 3:00 PM. The game will be available on NBAGLeague.com
Lakeland Magic single-game tickets and group tickets are available now. For ticket information, visit lakelandmagic.com or call 863.825.3258.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 7, 2020
- Wisconsin Snaps Three-Game Losing Streak with a 127-119 Victory over Fort Wayne - Wisconsin Herd
- Balanced Attack Gives Skyforce 114-105 Victory over Warriors - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Nets Pull Away in the Fourth, Bulls Lose 107-97 - Windy City Bulls
- Greensboro Falls to Grand Rapids - Greensboro Swarm
- Magic Rally Falls Short against Raptors 905 - Lakeland Magic
- Drive Coast to Easy Road Win over Swarm - Grand Rapids Drive
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Matt Kenyon - South Bay Lakers
- Tenerife Outlasts Vipers in FIBA Intercontinental Cup - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Austin Spurs to Host Annual Pink Night on February 13 - Austin Spurs
- Golden State Warriors Sign Ky Bowman and Juan Toscano-Anderson - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Clips Skid Hits Three against Legends - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Hoard Leads Legends in Revenge against Clippers - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lakeland Magic Stories
- DeVos Family Pledges up to $2 Million for Magic and Amway Center Hourly Workers
- Lakeland Magic Statement on NBA Suspending Operations
- Jefferson, Magette Lead Magic over BayHawks
- Magic Waive Michale Kyser
- Magic Celebrate City of Lakeland with Swans Night Theme Game