Lumberkings take Game 2 against Kernels
Clinton 6 @ Cedar Rapids 2 It's all coming together for Marietta, Georgia natives Michael Schlact (7-4; 4.07) and Brandon Boggs (.301 / .397 / .526).
Schlact, a 19 year old 6'8" right hander, shaved another .20 off of his ERA in a seven inning start, holding Cedar Rapids to a run on five hits and a walk while fanning three, inducing a dozen ground ball outs against just five fly outs.
Schlact got ample support from Georgia Tech alum Boggs, who has stamped himself as the LumberKings' top position prospect this month. Boggs went 4-4 with a pair of doubles, driving in a run while Andrew Wishy tripled in a 2-4 outing to drive in two.
Playoff Tickets Go On Sale
The Clinton LumberKings clinched a berth in the 2005 Midwest League Playoffs by finishing as the wild card winner in the Western Division at the conclusion of the first half of the 2005 season.
2005 season ticket holders will have until August 15, 2005 to reserve their seats for the 2005 Midwest League Playoffs. All tickets will go on sale to the general public August 16, 2005 on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Playoff tickets can be purchased at the LumberKings' ticket office during LumberKings' home games throughout the rest of the season, by calling the LumberKings' business office at (563) 242-0727, or by stopping in to the LumberKings' business office during regular business hours (10:00 am - 5:00 pm).
Ticket prices for the 2005 Midwest League Playoffs will be $7 for box seats, $6 for adult general admission, and $5 for senior citizen and student general admission.
Tickets to future playoff games will be sold on an as needed basis.
For more information - please call the LumberKings' business office at (563) 242-0727.
The LumberKings return home on Saturday, July 16th through Tuesday, July 19th.
Saturday (7/16) 7:00 pm - Sauk Valley Night
Sunday (7/17) 2:00 pm - Blue Bunny & WHVF-TV Ice Cream Scoop Giveaway / DeWitt Day
Monday (7/18) 7:00 pm - University of Iowa I-Club Night
Tuesday (7/19) 7:00 pm - Gateway State Bank Night
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 15, 2005
- L-Kings finish sweep of Kernels - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Late inning rally by the Lugnuts falls one run short, 5-4 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Swing take season series, 9-8, from Wisconsin; Lucena's sacrifice drives home game-winner - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Bees Outslug Chiefs 9-5 - Peoria Chiefs
- Brown Drives in Five in Bees Win Over Peoria - Burlington Bees
- Swing edge Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Devil Rays escape Lugnuts comeback in 5-4 win - Southwest Michigan Devil Rays
- Second straight home sweep - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Whitecaps Break Out the Brooms; Sweep Dragons with 14-1 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Chiefs Face Wisconsin Monday, Back Home the 16th - Peoria Chiefs
- Bohorquez Suspended for 15 Days - Dayton Dragons
- Lumberkings take Game 2 against Kernels - Clinton LumberKings
- Cougars grab slugfest against Snappers - Kane County Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Clinton LumberKings Stories
- LumberKings to Host Blood Drive at NelsonCorp Field
- Curbside Concessions Going into Extra Innings
- Last Call for Curbside Concessions at NelsonCorp Field
- Purina celebrates PetCare Pride Day by partnering with Clinton LumberKings and Clausen
- Stockwells to Perform on September 5th