Chiefs Face Wisconsin Monday, Back Home the 16th
On Saturday, July 16 Waste Management presents Jimmy Buffet night as the Cedar Rapids Kernels come to town. Jimmy Buffet impersonator Tom Watt will be on hand to perform and sing the national anthem, as you can enter for a chance to win two Jimmy Buffet tickets to Wrigley Field on Labor Day. All fans wearing any Parrot Head or Jimmy Buffett attire will be qualified to win the tickets which will be given away through a random drawing. First pitch is set for 6:30 against the Kernels.
On Sunday, July 17, the first 1,500 fans to the game will receive a Greg Maddux action figure. It's also a Family Fun Day as kids will be able to run the bases following the game and the Chiefs will also sign autographs on the O'Brien Field concourse following the game.
On Monday, July 18, all tickets will be on sale for half price for Mountain Dew Half Price Monday. Gates open at 6 PM for a 7 PM start with the Kernels at O'Brien Field.
On Tuesday, July 19, the Chiefs and Kernels will start at noon on Super Splash Day. Fans at the game will have a chance to cool off throughout the afternoon. Gates will open for the midday contest at 11 AM.
Change in the "Never a Wasted Ticket" Policy
The Peoria Chiefs have announced a change in their never a wasted ticket policy for season ticket package holders. Effective immediately, ticket package holders may exchange unused tickets for any regular season home game, for no cost. There will be no exchange fee of $3 for Thursday through Sunday games.
The exchanges may be done for any regular season game during the 2005 season - so this excludes any playoff games.
The exchange, to be done at the O'Brien Field box office, will be for a seat of like value, and is subject to availability.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 15, 2005
- L-Kings finish sweep of Kernels - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Late inning rally by the Lugnuts falls one run short, 5-4 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Swing take season series, 9-8, from Wisconsin; Lucena's sacrifice drives home game-winner - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Bees Outslug Chiefs 9-5 - Peoria Chiefs
- Brown Drives in Five in Bees Win Over Peoria - Burlington Bees
- Swing edge Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Devil Rays escape Lugnuts comeback in 5-4 win - Southwest Michigan Devil Rays
- Second straight home sweep - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Whitecaps Break Out the Brooms; Sweep Dragons with 14-1 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Chiefs Face Wisconsin Monday, Back Home the 16th - Peoria Chiefs
- Bohorquez Suspended for 15 Days - Dayton Dragons
- Lumberkings take Game 2 against Kernels - Clinton LumberKings
- Cougars grab slugfest against Snappers - Kane County Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.