Loudoun United FC Acquire Midfielder Brandon Williamson, Re-Sign Defender Allexon Saravia
Loudoun United FC have acquired midfielder Brandon Williamson and re-signed defender Allexon Saravia ahead of the 2020 USL Championship season.
"We're excited to welcome Brandon Williamson back as a local guy and former academy player. Not only is he an athletic two-way player, he's also smart, technically gifted and has a great range of passing. I think he'll come in and immediately contribute in the central midfield area," Ryan Martin, Loudoun United Head Coach, said. "Allexon had some great moments for us last year and he's another young academy product that we're excited to have because he has a bright future. He's a talented kid who can play anywhere in the backline and we're happy to have him back."
Williamson is a product of the D.C. United Academy. The Gainesville, Va. native, started with the academy at 12-years-old with the U-14 team. In 2011, he was selected to travel with 10 other academy players to Italy to train with Inter Milan Academy. Williamson spent six years with the academy before committing to Duke University, starting in Fall 2016.
During his time at Duke, Williamson played in 52 games (46 starts), totaling over 4,000 minutes, scoring four goals and recording four assists. In 2016, the midfielder made his mark by scoring two goals in a 2-1 victory over No. 4 Notre Dame. This performance earned him the ACC Offensive Player of the Week and a selection to the Top Drawer Team of the Week. In 2018, Williamson was named to the All-ACC second team, All-South region third team, and was voted Duke's most valuable player.
Saravia made eight appearances (five starts) for Loudoun United while in the D.C. United Academy before signing his first professional contract with the USL Championship side on July 1, 2019. Throughout the 2019 season, the 18-year-old made 12 appearances, totaling 698 minutes. He recorded 21 clearances and made eight interceptions.
Prior to his professional career, the Alexandria, Va. native spent three years in the D.C. United Academy and scored six goals in 56 appearances. In addition to his time with the academy, Saravia was named to the El Salvador U-17 roster during the 2017 CONCACAF Under-17 Championship in Panama.
Player: Brandon Williamson
Birthplace: Gainesville, VA
Birthdate: April 2, 1998
Player: Allexon Saravia
Hometown: Alexandria, VA
Birthdate: September 22, 2000
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from February 25, 2020
- FC Tulsa Defeats Defending USL League One Champions North Texas SC 3-1 in Preseason Match - FC Tulsa
- Louisville City Beats Forward Madison 4-0 - Louisville City FC
- 20 Questions with Harry Swartz - Hartford Athletic
- Loudoun United FC Acquire Midfielder Brandon Williamson, Re-Sign Defender Allexon Saravia - Loudoun United FC
- Preseason: Week 4 Preview - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Game Day: LouCity Hosting Forward Madison in Preseason Tune-Up - Louisville City FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Extends Loan for Josue Aaron Gomez - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Orange County SC Signs Former La Galaxy Defender Nathan Smith - Orange County SC
- Louisville City Signs Wes Charpie - Louisville City FC
- Hounds Sign Defender Skylar Thomas, Goalkeeper Danny Vitiello - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Preseason Update: Athletic Split Home-And-Home with Revs II - Hartford Athletic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Loudoun United FC Stories
- Loudoun United FC Announce 2022 Player Combine Dates
- Loudoun United FC Lose 4-1 to New York Red Bulls II at Home
- Loudoun United FC Lose 1-0 to the Charlotte Independence on the Road
- Loudoun United FC Lose 1-0 to the Tampa Bay Rowdies at Home
- Loudoun United FC Lose 3-0 to New York Red Bulls II on the Road