LouCity's 10-Game Unbeaten Streak Ends in Nashville
Louisville City's 10-game unbeaten streak came to an end on a stoppage-time goal in Nashville Tuesday night.
After falling behind in the fifth minute on a goal by Nashville's Taylor Washington, LouCity clawed back with an equalizer by Luke Spencer in the 79'.
Spencer, who subbed on for starter George Davis IV, in the 65' minute, made a run towards the goal after a strong cross by Antoine Hoppenot in the 79'. After Abdou Thiam made a play for the ball, Spencer came in and put it into the back of the net for the equalizer.
Shortly after finding the equalizer, LouCity several other great chances and appeared to have all the momentum in the final minutes of regular time.
The officials added four minutes of stoppage time and Nashville SC took advantage. A foul near midfield gave Nashville a chance to set up a play, and Justin Davis played the ball toward the box and Jimmy Ockford got a head on it in stoppage time to win 2-1.
UP NEXT: LouCity will host Swope Park Rangers Saturday at 7 p.m. in the final regular-season home game in Slugger Field. Louisville City is expecting a crowd of over 11,000 as the club is helping raise money for charities who are helping those in the battle against Breast Cancer.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 10, 2019
- Match Preview vs. In-State Rival - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Preview: Nashville SC Looks to Clinch Home Playoff Match with Win over North Carolina FC at Nissan Stadium - Nashville SC
- Neveal Hackshaw Earns Latest Call-Up to Trinidad & Tobago National Team - Indy Eleven
- 1868 FC Heads South for Silver State Cup Finale - Reno 1868 FC
- Head Coach Raphael Wicky Names USA Roster for 2019 Fifa U-17 World Cup in Brazil - Orange County SC
- For Nashville Soccer Club, Stoppage Time Remains Magical - Nashville SC
- Independence Host 2019 Indies - Post Season Award Celebration - Charlotte Independence
- Orange County SC Sends 2 Players to U-17 World Cup - Orange County SC
- New Mexico's Sandoval Voted Championship's Player of the Month - USL
- LouCity's 10-Game Unbeaten Streak Ends in Nashville - Louisville City FC
- North Carolina FC's Adam Armour Named to U.S. U-17 MNT for FIFA U-17 World Cup - North Carolina FC
- PlayerMaker Joins USL's Preferred Supplier Program - USL
- San Antonio FC Travels to Face Portland Timbers 2 in Final Away Match of Regular Season - San Antonio FC
- Republic FC Academy Players Shine in Loss to FC Juarez - Sacramento Republic FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Drops Orange County SC, 2-0 - Real Monarchs SLC
- Four Second-Half Goals Push Hartford to Victory over Birmingham Legion FC - Hartford Athletic
- Legion FC Drops the Ball at Hartford - Birmingham Legion FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Louisville City FC Stories
- LouCity Quartet Name USL Award Finalists
- LouCity Legend Spencer Transitioning to New Role
- LouCity Lands Club-Record Four on All-League First Team
- Soccer Holdings' Speaker Series Continues with 'Race in Voting' Panel
- LouCity Bows out with Conference Final Loss to Tampa Bay