1868 FC Heads South for Silver State Cup Finale
RENO, Nev. - Reno 1868 FC travels to Las Vegas this weekend for the second Silver State Cup match of the season, presented by Nevada Donor Network. Reno can clinch a home playoff match and tie the franchise record for wins in a season with a victory over Lights FC.
Reno enters the match in second place in the USL's Western Conference with 54 points, thanks to a 16-10-6 record. Las Vegas is currently 12th in the standings, on the outside looking in on the playoff picture. Vegas' 41 points trail 10th-place New Mexico by just one, but New Mexico has played one fewer match.
The Lights enter the match winning three of their last four, including their last two. Las Vegas topped San Antonio last weekend 4-2 and Colorado Springs 3-1 the week before. The Lights also earned a big 3-1 victory over Fresno FC on September 14.
Las Vegas needs to win to keep playoff hopes alive. A loss this weekend, with victories by New Mexico and LA eliminate the Lights from playoff contention.
The boys in blue, having already locked up a playoff spot, are one win away from clinching a home playoff match. The club has already guaranteed no worse than a seventh-place finish, and can lock up a top four spot with either a win or a draw and an Austin loss. Reno is looking to pass Fresno for the second spot in the west as well, trailing by just two ppints.
Reno leads in the Silver State Cup race thanks to a 4-0 victory in June. If Las Vegas wins, the first tiebreaker would be goal differential. The entire point system, and series history, is available on the club website.
Las Vegas has never beaten Reno, with Los Azules holding a 2-0-2 record. Reno has won both matches at Greater Nevada Field, and drawn both in Las Vegas.
The match kicks off at 7:30 p.m. PT from Cashman Field, with a live stream available on ESPN+. 1868 FC will be hosting a watch party at the 250 Lounge at Greater Nevada Field. Admission is free, and specials include $4 craft beers and five for $15 Tecate buckets.
Reno 1868 FC will close the season out on the road before returning to Northern Nevada for a Western Conference Quarterfinal match on October 26 at 5:15 p.m. PT. Playoff ticket strips, which include all four potential playoff matches at a discounted rate and an exclusive team-issued t-shirt, are on sale now. Single match tickets are available starting Monday October 14 at 10 a.m. PT. Tickets can be purchased online, in person at the Greater Nevada Field box office or by calling (775) 334-7000.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 10, 2019
- Match Preview vs. In-State Rival - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Preview: Nashville SC Looks to Clinch Home Playoff Match with Win over North Carolina FC at Nissan Stadium - Nashville SC
- Neveal Hackshaw Earns Latest Call-Up to Trinidad & Tobago National Team - Indy Eleven
- 1868 FC Heads South for Silver State Cup Finale - Reno 1868 FC
- Head Coach Raphael Wicky Names USA Roster for 2019 Fifa U-17 World Cup in Brazil - Orange County SC
- For Nashville Soccer Club, Stoppage Time Remains Magical - Nashville SC
- Independence Host 2019 Indies - Post Season Award Celebration - Charlotte Independence
- Orange County SC Sends 2 Players to U-17 World Cup - Orange County SC
- New Mexico's Sandoval Voted Championship's Player of the Month - USL
- LouCity's 10-Game Unbeaten Streak Ends in Nashville - Louisville City FC
- North Carolina FC's Adam Armour Named to U.S. U-17 MNT for FIFA U-17 World Cup - North Carolina FC
- PlayerMaker Joins USL's Preferred Supplier Program - USL
- San Antonio FC Travels to Face Portland Timbers 2 in Final Away Match of Regular Season - San Antonio FC
- Republic FC Academy Players Shine in Loss to FC Juarez - Sacramento Republic FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Drops Orange County SC, 2-0 - Real Monarchs SLC
- Four Second-Half Goals Push Hartford to Victory over Birmingham Legion FC - Hartford Athletic
- Legion FC Drops the Ball at Hartford - Birmingham Legion FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno 1868 FC Stories
- Ian Russell Named One of Three Finalists for Coach of the Year
- Kevin Partida and Christiano Francois Named to All-League Team
- Reno Aces hosting first-ever Racin' Aces virtual 5k
- Reno Drops Heartbreaker in Penalty Kicks
- Reno Hosts Phoenix Rising in Western Conference Semifinals