Kevin Partida and Christiano Francois Named to All-League Team
RENO, Nev. - The USL Championship's All-League teams were announced today, and a pair of Reno 1868 FC midfielders made it onto the second team. Kevin Partida and Christiano François earned the honor, a first for both players. The duo become the fifth and sixth players in Reno's history to be named to an All-League team, including Corey Hertzog after last season.
Both players posted career years in 2020, with the duo starting every game of the year.
Partida dominated defensively in the central midfield role, leading the team in duels won with 96, finishing second in tackles with 37 and fourth in interceptions with 21.
Adding to his always dominant defensive effort, the Sparks native scored four times. The goal total was a career high, having scored just once in his previous two seasons with Reno. The game always ran through Partida, as he finished second on the team in total passes and sixth on the team in key passes. At just 25 years old, Partida wore the captain's armband three times as well.
Where Partida was crucial to the team's defense, François was the key to the attack. The winger finished third on the team in goals with six, and led in assists with eight. The Haitian was one of just two players in the league to finish the regular season with six or more assists and six or more goals. The eight assists were a career best, and the third-most in a single season in club history, despite the condensed season. Just 18 games into his Reno career, François is already tied for the eighth-most in club history.
This is just the second time in club history that Reno has had multiple players on an All-League team. In 2017, Dane Kelly and Chris Wehan made the first team, while Jimmy Ockford made the second team. Last season, Hertzog made the second team.
Championship All-League First Team
GK - Ben Lundt, Louisville City FC
D - Forrest Lasso, Tampa Bay Rowdies
D - Kalen Ryden, New Mexico United
D - Sean Totsch, Louisville City FC
D - Thomas Vancaeyezeele, Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
M - Kenardo Forbes, Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
M - Bruno Lapa, Birmingham Legion FC
M - Speedy Williams, Louisville City FC
F - Solomon Asante, Phoenix Rising FC
F - Cameron Lancaster, Louisville City FC
F - Augustine Williams, LA Galaxy II
Championship All-League Second Team
GK - Brandon Miller, Charlotte Independence
D - Leland Archer, Charleston Battery
D - Alex Crognale, Birmingham Legion FC
D - Neveal Hackshaw, Indy Eleven
D - Jordan Scarlett, Tampa Bay Rowdies
M - Christiano Francois, Reno 1868 FC
M - Kevin Partida, Reno 1868 FC
M - Chris Wehan, New Mexico United
F - Rufat Dadashov, Phoenix Rising FC
F - Dane Kelly, Charlotte Independence
F - Tyler Pasher, Indy Eleven
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 28, 2020
- Sam Werner and Tomas Hilliard-Arce Announce Retirement - Sacramento Republic FC
- SRFC & SCOE Introduce Republic PE: A New Way for Students to Stay Active at Home - Sacramento Republic FC
- Kevin Partida and Christiano Francois Named to All-League Team - Reno 1868 FC
- Two Legion FC Players Named to 2020 USL Championship All-League Teams - Birmingham Legion FC
- Dane Kelly and Brandon Miller Named to 2020 USL Championship All-League Second Team - Charlotte Independence
- Hounds' Forbes, Vancaeyezeele Named All-League First Team - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Hackshaw, Pasher Named to USL Championship 2020 All-League Second Team - Indy Eleven
- LouCity Lands Club-Record Four on All-League First Team - Louisville City FC
- USL Championship Reveals 2020 All-League Teams - USL
- Indy Eleven to Participate in 2021 USL Academy League & USL Academy Cup Competitions - Indy Eleven
- Watts, Kerr and Gorden Set to Bring Championship Final to Life - USL
- Rowdies' Tejada Named in Panama Squad to Face Japan - Tampa Bay Rowdies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.