LouCity Lands Club-Record Four on All-League First Team
The USL Championship on Wednesday revealed an All-League First Team consisting of four Louisville City FC players - most from any club to earn the recognition in a single season since the boys in purple began play in 2015.
Forward Cameron Lancaster, midfielder Devon "Speedy" Williams, defender Sean Totsch and goalkeeper Ben Lundt were each deemed to be among the league's best 11 players as voted on by club management and a league-wide media panel that included representation from every USL market.
It has been since 2013 that the Richmond Kickers had as many as four All-League First Team selections. That season, 13 teams played in what was known as USL Pro. This year, 35 teams competed in the USL Championship.
"This All-League representation is another sign of how talented our players are as a whole," said coach John Hackworth. "These four are each pleasure to work and huge reasons for our success this season."
Lancaster, the 2018 Golden Boot winner from England, had another standout campaign in Louisville while on loan from Major League Soccer's Nashville SC, totaling 12 goals. The striker was especially potent down the stretch, netting seven goals in as many LouCity victories as the club advanced to the Eastern Conference Final.
Williams, who leads the USL Championship with 1,161 passes made, served as the club's self-proclaimed "engine" in the central midfield, distributing from defense to a potent attack. The Jamaican international also had a breakout season scoring with a career-high four goals, including a memorable first at the newly opened Lynn Family Stadium.
Totsch, who has won three USL titles, had arguably his best season yet in central defense. His 55 clearances were 16 more than anyone else on the roster, while the Illinois native also led LouCity in tackles/tackles won (41/29) and interceptions (31). Amid a 13-game unbeaten streak toward the end of the season, the club never conceded more than a goal in a game.
Lundt, another MLS loanee, this one from FC Cincinnati, was a force in goal for the boys in purple, leading the USL with nine clean sheets. He totaled 44 saves, 10 of them in a standout Eastern Conference Semifinal performance against Saint Louis FC that included an early penalty kick stop in his final shutout of the year.
Here's full look at the USL's All-League teams unveiled preceding the 2020 USL Championship Final, which will air live on ESPN, ESPN Deportes and SiriusXM FC at 8:30 p.m. Sunday. The Tampa Bay Rowdies of the Eastern Conference and Phoenix Rising FC of the Western Conference meet at Al Lang Stadium in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Championship All-League First Team
GK - Ben Lundt, Louisville City FC
D - Forrest Lasso, Tampa Bay Rowdies
D - Kalen Ryden, New Mexico United
D - Sean Totsch, Louisville City FC
D - Thomas Vancaeyezeele, Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
M - Kenardo Forbes, Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
M - Bruno Lapa, Birmingham Legion FC
M - Speedy Williams, Louisville City FC
F - Solomon Asante, Phoenix Rising FC
F - Cameron Lancaster, Louisville City FC
F - Augustine Williams, LA Galaxy II
Championship All-League Second Team
GK - Brandon Miller, Charlotte Independence
D - Leland Archer, Charleston Battery
D - Alex Crognale, Birmingham Legion FC
D - Neveal Hackshaw, Indy Eleven
D - Jordan Scarlett, Tampa Bay Rowdies
M - Christiano Francois, Reno 1868 FC
M - Kevin Partida, Reno 1868 FC
M - Chris Wehan, New Mexico United
F - Rufat Dadashov, Phoenix Rising FC
F - Dane Kelly, Charlotte Independence
F - Tyler Pasher, Indy Eleven
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 28, 2020
- Sam Werner and Tomas Hilliard-Arce Announce Retirement - Sacramento Republic FC
- SRFC & SCOE Introduce Republic PE: A New Way for Students to Stay Active at Home - Sacramento Republic FC
- Kevin Partida and Christiano Francois Named to All-League Team - Reno 1868 FC
- Two Legion FC Players Named to 2020 USL Championship All-League Teams - Birmingham Legion FC
- Dane Kelly and Brandon Miller Named to 2020 USL Championship All-League Second Team - Charlotte Independence
- Hounds' Forbes, Vancaeyezeele Named All-League First Team - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Hackshaw, Pasher Named to USL Championship 2020 All-League Second Team - Indy Eleven
- LouCity Lands Club-Record Four on All-League First Team - Louisville City FC
- USL Championship Reveals 2020 All-League Teams - USL
- Indy Eleven to Participate in 2021 USL Academy League & USL Academy Cup Competitions - Indy Eleven
- Watts, Kerr and Gorden Set to Bring Championship Final to Life - USL
- Rowdies' Tejada Named in Panama Squad to Face Japan - Tampa Bay Rowdies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Louisville City FC Stories
- 'We Will Miss Ben in 2021' as Lundt Gets His MLS Opportunity
- ECNL Launches Super Cup, a Robust 'First Team' Platform for Nation's Top Players
- Academy Partners with 91st Minute Training on Soccer-Specific Conditioning
- U.S. Youth International Watts Re-Ups with LouCity
- McCabe to Continue Unprecedented Run with LouCity