SRFC & SCOE Introduce Republic PE: A New Way for Students to Stay Active at Home
Even during the off season, it is important to keep health and wellness a priority. And with students' daily school routine disrupted by the pandemic, keeping active is often lost. The basics - math, science, social studies and more - are a must, but P.E. isn't the easiest subject to share in a zoom window.
Enter Republic P.E. Alongside the Sacramento County of Education, SRFC are excited to announce the launch of a fresh way to get students away from zoom calls and get them moving.
The video series, hosted by SRFC broadcaster and former player Adam Moffat, brings energy and encourages students to get away from their zoom calls and get out to the pitch or even just to the park to fine-tune their soccer skills. Viewers can sharpen their skills and technique, no matter how advanced, at any time on your phone or computer.
New videos will be added regularly, and will be broadcasted on cable television by SCOE's partner, the Sacramento Educational Cable Consortium (SECC). Tune in Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 12:30pm on SECC Comcast 15 and CCI 21 through the end of November for new episodes.
"Health and fitness are fundamental to what we do and our focus is always on supporting community wellbeing," said Sacramento Republic FC President and COO Ben Gumpert. "As one of our core community investment values, we're excited to support teachers and families by providing fun workouts and trainings for all students in the region to promote healthy living and learning."
Students now have a new way to get off the desk chair and get their blood-pumping while also increasing soccer skills and fitness levels.
Sac Republic P.E. Video Lessons
Dribbling (K-2) - Adam Moffat demonstrates how to dribble with the ball at your feet! This exercise is for younger players ages 7 and below.
Dribbling (3rd Grade+) - Adam Moffat and SRFC Academy players and staff help run through a few simple exercises to help learn one of the most important parts of the game - dribbling. These drills are for players ages 8 and up.
Juggling - Learn how to juggle the ball, with the help of SRFC Academy players and Adam Moffatt. From beginner to advanced, these drills will help you have better control and have fun!
Republic FC Player Skills - SRFC players Hayden Sargis, Sam Werner, and Villyan Bijev and Head Trainer Betty Olmedo join us to teach us some various soccer skills to do at home!
Skill Progressions #1 - Learn how to go past defenders, parents, pets and furniture, with these dribbling skills! SRFC Academy Players show you all the steps.
Skill Progression #2 - SRFC Academy Players are back with more fun moves to get past your opponent!
Republic FC has also developed resources for teachers, parents and students to help with a learn-from-home environment including Backyard Skill video, Read with Republic and art exercises.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 28, 2020
- Sam Werner and Tomas Hilliard-Arce Announce Retirement - Sacramento Republic FC
- SRFC & SCOE Introduce Republic PE: A New Way for Students to Stay Active at Home - Sacramento Republic FC
- Kevin Partida and Christiano Francois Named to All-League Team - Reno 1868 FC
- Two Legion FC Players Named to 2020 USL Championship All-League Teams - Birmingham Legion FC
- Dane Kelly and Brandon Miller Named to 2020 USL Championship All-League Second Team - Charlotte Independence
- Hounds' Forbes, Vancaeyezeele Named All-League First Team - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Hackshaw, Pasher Named to USL Championship 2020 All-League Second Team - Indy Eleven
- LouCity Lands Club-Record Four on All-League First Team - Louisville City FC
- USL Championship Reveals 2020 All-League Teams - USL
- Indy Eleven to Participate in 2021 USL Academy League & USL Academy Cup Competitions - Indy Eleven
- Watts, Kerr and Gorden Set to Bring Championship Final to Life - USL
- Rowdies' Tejada Named in Panama Squad to Face Japan - Tampa Bay Rowdies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento Republic FC Stories
- Returning for 2021: Villarreal Patrols, Protects Central Pitch
- Team Store Website to Help with Holiday Gift Needs
- Returning for 2021: Diaz's Calming Presence Anchors the Defense
- Republic FC to Celebrate Giving Season with Winter Wishlist Benefiting Students & Families in Need
- Around the Leagues: Jam Packed Weekend Full of Football